.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Miss Universe is such a presumptuous event. They haven't even invited participants from other planets and claim to have the best woman in the universe. Like NFL winners being called world champions
The onus/impetus is on the other planets to get invited. How the fuck are the pageant coordinators supposed to know to invite other planets if they do not receive inquiries from those other planets?

You need to pick a side

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Barista competitions boast about people being the best in the world, but they are always just the youngest people in the industry who self-selected participation, for example.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
@swag Not necessarily

@Martin contest (n) vs contest (v)
content, baby

- - - Updated - - -

Barista competitions boast about people being the best in the world, but they are always just the youngest people in the industry who self-selected participation, for example.
barista literally just means you work in a bar. That's not a huge boast.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
attachment.jpg

Look at all those folk trivialising an important protest.

:heart:

- - - Updated - - -

Learning about the concept of 'deliberate practice'
Went along to a target golf thing at a range last night.

Not something I'd done before.

Targets at around 60, 90, 120 yards.

I wasn't up to much.

Hit some nice shots to the 90 and 120 because they were the right length for me to hit full shots with my 54 and 58 degree wedges.

Was awful at going for the 60 yard target because I just don't have the feel in my arms/hands for the sort of finesse required for delicated half shots when I'm not playing regularly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 728)