Apr 15, 2006
It's funny that I hadn't considered there being a New York-Milan thing. In the Bay Area, I've found a few interisti, romanisti, and even a partenopei, etc. But by and large you cannot go to a quasi-Italian restaurant or bar here and not run into a juventino. And typically they're old school juventini who are running the place.

Thus I've actually had bars that were recently closed who reopened and showed me their grappa collection, etc., just because of my Juve jacket when I arrived late. A Juve jacket is a great pass into the food and wine world around here. I've become good friends with a number of chefs and waiters because of it.
IIRC, even the waiter at the pub me, you and Kyle went to was a Juventino, right? I can't remember the name of the place though. :sad:

EDIT: Pantarei... found it! :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
IIRC, even the waiter at the pub me, you and Kyle went to was a Juventino, right? I can't remember the name of the place though. :sad:

EDIT: Pantarei... found it! :D
Yep. The waiter there? Could have been. When Asif and I went there last month for Juve-Milan, I believe we also had a juventino waiter... even if we were sitting next to a bunch of milanisti cafoni.

It's much the same with ice cream parlours in south Wales and Scotland.
What kind of organ grinder monkey jobs do Italiens take out in the UK???

Sounds hot.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Lol what happend?
I ordered a croissant and a double espresso at starbucks 20min before check in. It took him 3-4 minutes to get my coffee right. Then my credit card wouldnt work so he expertly took it out of my hand to demonstrate that I was to blame for not inserting it right. It didnt work the first time, so he took it up to polish the chip on the card, and of course dropped it on the floor, kicking it into some crack under the counter. That took about 15 min and a panel of minimum wage workers to figure out. Almost missed my flight the idiot even gave me the wrong croissant. I threw it out when I saw it was chocolate...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I ordered a croissant and a double espresso at starbucks 20min before check in. It took him 3-4 minutes to get my coffee right. Then my credit card wouldnt work so he expertly took it out of my hand to demonstrate that I was to blame for not inserting it right. It didnt work the first time, so he took it up to polish the chip on the card, and of course dropped it on the floor, kicking it into some crack under the counter. That took about 15 min and a panel of minimum wage workers to figure out. Almost missed my flight the idiot even gave me the wrong croissant. I threw it out when I saw it was chocolate...
:howler:

Thats insanely hilarious, how often does shit like that happen? I feel your pain though. We joke about the Starbucks we have in our Airport because its the place that hires all the tards rest of the establishments around here fire, you wait half your lunch break to get most simple of stuff. I interviewed some applicants today, I asked few of them extra telling questions when they said they worked at Starbucks nearby, even if their were hot chicas, you have to indirectly IQ test them :p

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
No need to have competent staff at airport food and drink places.

You've got a captive market and you aren't overly reliant on repeat custom.

Can pretty much get away from anything with regards to shit service and extortionate pricing, I'd have thought.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Extortionate prices yes, but shit service a big no-no, never acceptable, even if the costumers are more or less have to shop from you (atleast after checking in) due to limited options, if you cant do the job in reasonably efficient and welcoming way then gtfo. Fired two uppity lazy asses last weekend (part time extra staff just for weekends, so rest of us full timers can go get drunk :p), who were more interested in smoke breaks more then doing any work (which they did like they were zombies), and when they did they gave costumers attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason I started laughing now too much, because I see on my spotify activity feed what @Sheik Yerbouti is listening to, its this :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 148)