'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (25 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You know, they are possibly my favorite hip hop act of all time, but I have only seen them once, and that was nearly 30 years ago. They had come out with 3 feet high and rising a few months before that and "Me, Myself and I " was just starting to blow up.

You know who came with them? If you said "A Tribe Called Quest", you win the grand prize. Jungle Brothers were there too.

LOL ofcourse, the native tongues brethren, it sucks I was too young for their absolute prime years concert wise, even if I grew up with the music.

But these two are by far my favourites of Natives Tongue style MCees :touched:

tumblr_lymf7mQzgQ1qll5mu.gif

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
LOL ofcourse, the native tongues brethren, it sucks I was too young for their absolute prime years concert wise, even if I grew up with the music.

But these two are by far my favourites of Natives Tongue style MCees :touched:

tumblr_lymf7mQzgQ1qll5mu.gif

IIRC, it was De La that first put Mos Def on a record on their "Stakes is high" Album.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This is one of those "I damn near crashed my car while listening to it" songs

I have no idea how Redhead Kingpin made it to that desk, but who am I to judge.

Lol for sure, one of the best posse cuts ever.

You hear rap song with a powerful message like that and you realize why the studio execs were so eager to dumb down the Hiphop mainstream industry lol.

tumblr_lxhz7nDaa81qziblu.gif

- - - Updated - - -

IIRC, it was De La that first put Mos Def on a record on their "Stakes is high" Album.

Yeah I know he was a lesser known junior member of their movement, 2pac was too (social wise) before he went all west coast studio gangsta :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lol for sure, one of the best posse cuts ever.

You hear rap song with a powerful message like that and you realize why the studio execs were so eager to dumb down the Hiphop mainstream industry lol.

tumblr_lxhz7nDaa81qziblu.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I know he was a lesser known junior member of their movement, 2pac was too (social wise) before he went all west coast studio gangsta :D

My favorite EPMD track right here.

Apr 9, 2015
MHD dropped his last album '19' today. He will stop with music, because it takes too much energy and he doesn't like the industry.

In such a short time, such a great and one of the biggest French speaking artists. Grazie MHD, will see you in Amsterdam!
@Osman

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I been waiting for this album, exploring more of his roots. This song is unusual for his sound, he is usually hard hitting afro trap. Bizzare if he is really retiring, is so young.

I'm going to bombard you with few songs from your country I like :D Been trying to expand the house party playlists randomly lol:

- - - Updated - - -

@Mohad @DutchJuventino

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2015
I been waiting for this album, exploring more of his roots. This song is unusual for his sound, he is usually hard hitting afro trap. Bizzare if he is really retiring, is so young.

I'm going to bombard you with few songs from your country I like :D Been trying to expand the house party playlists randomly lol:

- - - Updated - - -

@Mohad @DutchJuventino
If you want 'Dutch hip hop / rap' with a party sound. Than i will recommend these below. Thanks for the track with Mr. Eazi. MHD is a legend already in the french scene, and his texts has content.

I think you will like these tracks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)