'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (20 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If you are talking about BEP, then the first 2 albums are a must.

@Osman, tell 'em.
Yeah most people dont know them pre Fergie pop dance cookie cute music (they used to be in ruthless records :D Man what immense sell outs lol), Behind the Front (extremely strong debute) and Bridging the gap are legit boombap consciously slapping rap albums. Their underground origins is basically as one of the original back pack MCs of early mid 90s, just west coast and not from east like everyone else (native tongues) who did similar styles.

Communication prolly my fav from there.

giphy.gif

- - - Updated - - -

@<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=271" target="_blank">Osman</a> been listening to any of this year's soca?

No, been slow on that front for me lately. Havent seen the chick who tends to me my soca connect in a while (she goes to all carnivals and gets super grumpy all year if she misses one lol). Anything good?

Not this year but this riddim is tooooo damn sweet.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
No, been slow on that front for me lately. Havent seen the chick who tends to me my soca connect in a while (she goes to all carnivals and gets super grumpy all year if she misses one lol). Anything good?

Not this year but this riddim is tooooo damn sweet.

Those are from this year (made in 2017, but for 2018 Carnival). But yeah, that one from Kes is one of my favourites this year. I'm actually enjoying soca this time around lol. I think it's better than usual, but also in a Carnival mood.

This one is my favourite -

These are good vibes too -

And this one is one of the most popular, though I'm fed up of it now -

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah I forgot they used last years songs for the carnival lol.

Nice, keep posting :tuttosport: The first 3 as artirts are new to me and not just as songs (that sookah song is nice, but does not sound like its soca hehe), but I know Marshall, heard splinters, its a total jam, but yeah kinda gets repetetive.

My fav with him is this old one :nico: (otherwise find him overrated) Had it on our New years eve playlist lol.

- - - Updated - - -

These are good vibes too -

This chicks name reminded me of this classic soca sweetness, one of the few songs I use to introduce the music style to friends (even if its a religious song lol, and not exactly carnival content).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Isnt that Res? Been ages (I recall Talib is big fan of her and kept mentonning her), like early VH1 days lol, never seen song you link tho lol. Mainly remember her for being so gorgeous, besides being a genuinely unique songbird.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Isnt that Res? Been ages (I recall Talib is big fan of her and kept mentonning her), like early VH1 days lol, never seen song you link tho lol. Mainly remember her for being so gorgeous, besides being a genuinely unique songbird. <kinda sad talents like that go off to obsecurity.
It sure is. That's off of her debut album. That and "Golden Boys" are the two most recognizable songs on the album. Speaking of Kweli, they were in a group together called Idle Warship.

In regards to that, some things are better left unsaid. I expected so much more, especially from her. She downgraded herself to singing hoochie mama lyrics. From someone who wrote songs such as the aforementioned two gems, and Tsunami, Ice King, and so forth, it was a bitter disappointment

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No wonder he kept bigging her up then if they were in group together lol. Never heard anything of that collab.

Going over album you mentioned, I recall hearing those singles before except the female Lenny Kravitz one you linked hehe.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
2nd track is fire (gifs was for it lol) but added first one later because the spritual imagery of basically South africas shanty towns was brilliant.

Yemi Alade is high up in my short list of wifey material. She wooing your favourite Youssoupha lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)