'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (46 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
West Coast hip hop was pretty short lived. I think with WC it was more about the sound "G-Funk" that made it popular. In terms of lyrical dexterity, hard hitting and deeper lyrics, the East Coast shits all over the West Coast. Now before someone brings up Tupac, lets not forget he was born and raised on the EC until he was 17 or so, so he cant really be classed as a true West Coast artist like Dre, Snoop, Ice Cube etc. Anyway comparing guys like Dre, Warren G, Snoop, Cube with guys like Mobb Deep, Wu tang, Nas, L, Biggie, Rakim etc but Im sorry they just cant stack up to them. Those guys were the pinnacle and the benchmark

Anyway, my favourite hip hop artist of all time is Big L. IMO this cat had it all, the look, the flows, the rhymes, the beats (old school shit), the swagger...he was just the total package. A real shame he died so young and the piece of shit who killed him is walking around as a free man. Someone spoke about the best intro ever and this is my favourite intro to any album ever

His flow and wordplay are just ridiculous.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Swag, that radio capital tune, are all or others even just few songs of theirs, that great, or one off? Because that was a killer song :tup:

His flow and wordplay are just ridiculous.
Siiiikk :tup:

Him and Lord Finesse's word plays and how they play off eachother the killer tunes they made together is hella lolsy :D

It aint over till the fat lady sings? Ima shoot the bitch :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)