'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (72 Viewers)

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Listening to....Aush, Mohad, Andy or any other rap fans, heard this Lupe freestyle? :eek: :tup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvU5AQxNLfA&feature=player_embedded

Too awesome, and I bet you recognize the beat (I know Marcello and Dru would :p) and the subtle disses? :D
That was sick! He embarrased Wayne on his own track. :D

Dude, Lupe is my favorite rapper. The whole Enemy Of The State (A Love Story) project was ill. He destorys the Fireman beat, anyways, I like the freestyle over All The Way Turnt Up the best. Finally someone does justice to that beat, dope dope dope. Not to mention Laser gone be greatness.
Check this out: http://www.bobatl.com/blog/lupe-fiascos-steppin-laser-tour-feat-bob/ :weee:

Gimme some of his tracks I wanna check it out.
As Andy said, start with his first album.

-------

Lupe Fiasco - Dumb It Down (Feat. Gemstones & Graham Burris)

Note: This song should be dedicated to all the dumb ass rapers out there that talk about the same shit again and again.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I haven't. Pretty sick but the beat sounds like some Wayne crap.

Can't go wrong with Lupe.
Thats the whole point, using his lame beat (fireman song,) and the bitch and drugs lyrics and making it into something totally another multi layered (showcasing these lame whack rappers are carried by their beats, did same thing with Mike jones beat, made a parody song with "switch"). Pretty clever toungue in cheeck stuff, hehe this bit, especially last bit:

Not with bills, I make it change
Take that cool shit make it lame
Take that nerd shit make it bang
Ya, you heard us make it bang
Ya, you heard me make it bang
Melt the change and make a ring
Take that ring and make a bracelet
Take that bracelet make a chain
Look how far my necklace hang
Connect that chain up to a crane
Pull the game up by the brains
Could not move it just with brains
So I had to use some bling

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dude, Lupe is my favorite rapper. The whole Enemy Of The State (A Love Story) project was ill. He destorys the Fireman beat, anyways, I like the freestyle over All The Way Turnt Up the best. Finally someone does justice to that beat, dope dope dope. Not to mention Laser gone be greatness.

--

Lupe Fiasco - I'm Beamin'.
He is my obvious fav too for the last few years, but I havent been up to date with mixtapes (the older one yeah), and 2 weeks ago listened to this one, and yeah just too fucking ridicolous. and you are right, all the way turnt up is iiiiiiiiiiiiiill. Especially the last bit of the freestyle:

I turn down your Ex like how you put your tires on/
Once I get these tires on I buy a bomb and tie it on/
and ride this around the entire song, find a line to drive it on/
park it near a metaphor, wait for it, the timer's on/
you can turn your hydrants on, I'll just turn my wipers on/
wipe it off then wipe me down but don't forget about my bomb!

Seriously! :star:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)