'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (132 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm not sure about Metro boomin type of productions, unique for trap, but best lyrical rappers done work on trap beats often enough, as in not just about hard style and flow like most but bars too are: T.I (O.G don of trap rap before getting lazy), midas touch lyrics of Killer Mike, and the one and only hard hitting, flow changing virtouso that is Freddie Gibbs. A Joey Badass or Nas are dope classic NY lyricists, but they rarely do stuff on trap beats or different type of beats for a reason (only flaw of Nas career is how seldom he made work on interesting beats or varied ones). Its mainly a game for southern rappers that it comes natural to. Not that Gibbs is southern one, just hard midwestern cat.

Also I should state the obvious, looking for cerebral lyricisism on trap beat is kinda missing the point of trap rap :D Tho its nice to see the added change when it occurs, like when Lupe Fiasco made a song with Future called no problems :D

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I'm not sure about Metro boomin type of productions, unique for trap, but best lyrical rappers done work on trap beats often enough, as in not just about hard style and flow like most but bars too are: T.I (O.G don of trap rap before getting lazy), midas touch lyrics of Killer Mike, and the one and only hard hitting, flow changing virtouso that is Freddie Gibbs. A Joey Badass or Nas are dope classic NY lyricists, but they rarely do stuff on trap beats or different type of beats for a reason (only flaw of Nas career is how seldom he made work on interesting beats or varied ones). Its mainly a game for southern rappers that it comes natural to. Not that Gibbs is southern one, just hard midwestern cat.

Also I should state the obvious, looking for cerebral lyricisism on trap beat is kinda missing the point of trap rap :D Tho its nice to see the added change when it occurs, like when Lupe Fiasco made a song with Future called no problems :D
I think it's not the lyricisms, just the flow and delivery mostly.

Well yeah I don't like trap beats normally, the type of things Freddie Gibbs and Killer Mike usually rap over (though I like their other work, RTJ & stuff like on Miseducation of Freddie Gibbs). Was hoping that you'd maybe know some niche rapper in that direction, but I guess there isn't any really :D

Bold part is exactly what I mean :D Though the song really really makes me want to get out some audio editing program and cut out Future's parts.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Skrt skrt! he has that name swag for a reason :D Dont sleep on the little haitian kid lol

Gonna see this cat on concert coming weekend :weee:

tumblr_o0onp0cLTh1qeh267o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

@Salvo @Mohad

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I heard him before, kinda corny in comedy nerdy rapper kinda way, but he has some good lines.

Mainly like this one from him, goes in, good vibes:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
a blast from the past. :touched: :heart:

[video=dailymotion;xx43c]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx43c_n-e-r-d-she-wants-to-move_music[/video]

[video=dailymotion;x149mf]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x149mf_j-kwon-tipsy-music-video_music[/video]:p :touched:
@Osman

[video=dailymotion;xa3ar]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa3ar_nina-sky-feat-jabba_music[/video]
damn, i wanted those chicks when i was 16 :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 130)