'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (26 Viewers)

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Dr. Dre Announces Compton: The Soundtrack, Explains Why Detox Never Came Out

http://pitchfork.com/news/60592-dr-...soundtrack-explains-why-detox-never-came-out/
compton.jpg

01 Intro
02 Talk About It [ft. King Mez & Justus]
03 Genocide [ft. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay]
04 It's All on Me [ft. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid]
05 All in a Day's Work [ft. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius]
06 Darkside/Gone [ft. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar]
07 Loose Cannons [ft. Xzibit & COLD 187um]
08 Issues [ft. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak]
09 Deep Water [ft. Kendrick Lamar & Justus]
10 One Shot One Kill [ft. Snoop Dogg] (by Jon Connor)
11 Just Another Day [ft. Asia Bryant] (by The Game)
12 For the Love of Money [ft. Jill Scott & Jon Connor]
13 Satisfaction [ft. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez]
14 Animals [ft. Anderson Paak]
15 Medicine Mane [ft. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak]
16 Talking to My

Going to be released the 7th of August.

- - - Updated - - -

:tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

:tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
damn brings me back to Highschool days

They all great tracks but I like Pieces Mended
:agree:
same here. the taste of ink will always be my favorite song.

no matter how much hate those guys get, their first Lp will
always be great. i still follow them, but mostly because they are
nice dudes :D

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Just listened to Dr Dre's Compton! I'm not sure if it's a great album yet, but it's at least good one. Expectations were high, but I'm not disappointed. There are a few misses in there, but overall it's very enjoyable. As expected, it's full of classic, heavy Dre beats. Stylewise it's closer to Good Kid, M.A.A.D City than anything else. Dre doesn't sound like he's repeating himself. There's clearly development. But really, it's just great to hear some Dre beats again. I do miss a thoughtful track like The Watcher or The Message, but, well, that's a minor complaint. Dre is more known for club bangers anyway. There really isn't a bad guest performance on the album, and Kendrick and Jon Connor, in particular, are absolutely killing it.

Stand out tracks: Genocide, One Shot One Kill (Snoop!!!), Animals (PREEEMO)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Christ on a bike the new JMT is full of bangers. Joint best album of the year with A$AP Rocky's new album.

- - - Updated - - -

Just listened to Dr Dre's Compton! I'm not sure if it's a great album yet, but it's at least good one. Expectations were high, but I'm not disappointed. There are a few misses in there, but overall it's very enjoyable. As expected, it's full of classic, heavy Dre beats. Stylewise it's closer to Good Kid, M.A.A.D City than anything else. Dre doesn't sound like he's repeating himself. There's clearly development. But really, it's just great to hear some Dre beats again. I do miss a thoughtful track like The Watcher or The Message, but, well, that's a minor complaint. Dre is more known for club bangers anyway. There really isn't a bad guest performance on the album, and Kendrick and Jon Connor, in particular, are absolutely killing it.

Holy hellballs I didn't know about this.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

Just listened to it for the first time, it's definitely not a disappointment, although I'm not sure if it's gonna hold up as a classic or masterpiece - just from listening the first time, I'd say no. Few albums do though, so that's not meant to talk it down or anything.
Fully agree on the bolded part, it's fairly original imo.

Kendrick's & also Dre's verse on Genocide are great, but I feel like the first part of the song takes way too long, if that makes any sense :p One Shot One Kill did stand out for me too, as well as Talking to my Diary, For The Love of Money, and Darkside/Gone althought the transition midway through is kinda weird.

With Animals, I love the beat but can't say the same about Anderson.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Just listened to it for the first time, it's definitely not a disappointment, although I'm not sure if it's gonna hold up as a classic or masterpiece - just from listening the first time, I'd say no. Few albums do though, so that's not meant to talk it down or anything.
Fully agree on the bolded part, it's fairly original imo.

Kendrick's & also Dre's verse on Genocide are great, but I feel like the first part of the song takes way too long, if that makes any sense :p One Shot One Kill did stand out for me too, as well as Talking to my Diary, For The Love of Money, and Darkside/Gone althought the transition midway through is kinda weird.

With Animals, I love the beat but can't say the same about Anderson.
Good call about Talking To My Diary. It's quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Not too crazy about For the Love of Money though. Overall, I think Loose Cannons is the weakest track. It's just not going anywhere. I think I've listened to the album five times or so, and it's still very enjoyable.

- - - Updated - - -

That bassline in All In a Day's Work. :tuttosport: Don't understand why you dislike Anderson .Paak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)