'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (20 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Raging metal boner, haven't listened to this album in years. DAAAMN

Suspended floating in empty spaces
Descending swift like a fire running down
Obstruction disintegration life force
Overcoming all circumstances
Release the pain

Too good
Metal :D

u wan lyrics??

Dead city nights
Another daughter's done
Another victim of circumstance
Took the wrong way home
Can you hear the screams
The music of the dead
A ritual of broken flesh
Annoints the silver blade

Bodies convulse in agony, and pain
I mangle their face till no features remain
A blade for the butchering, I cut them to shreds
First take out the organs, then cut off the head
The remains of flesh now sop under my feet
One more bloody massacre, the murder's complete
I seek to dismember, a sadist fiend
Bloodbath's my way of getting clean

Bonus points if you can name the songs :D

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Testament - Eyes of Wrath
Megadeth - Good Mourning/Black Friday

Yeah, I thought that at first. Trust me, you are missing out. Rust In Peace is one of the best albums I've ever heard. I'd put it in my top 5 of all time, and I rate it better than any Metallica album.

Holy Wars... The Punishment Due is the best metal song I've heard. Perfection.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I've tried, doesn't work for me. There's absolutely no chance in hell that I'll like it now as I've grown terribly tired with thrash metal. I rarely revisit MoP, that's about it for me and thrash.

Mastodon is where it's at, along with Tool they're the only current metal group which will be mentioned in the same sentence as Metallica and the older generation of metal bands.

- - - Updated - - -

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Rust In Peace is progressive thrash, if that means anything to you :D I think only 4 songs on the album have a chorus.

Liking Mastodon now but I wouldn't put them up there with Tool...

Leviathan :mark:

The Sword is pretty kick ass :klin: Big fan of their first two albums.

-

Listen to that guitar work, destroys anything by Metallica imo. Shame Megadeth could only write 1 album of such quality. Peace Sells, their next best album isn't nearly as good.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Leviathan is awesome, but it's miles behind Blood Mountain while Crack the Skye is on a different planet. The Hunter was good, but it left me underwhelmed. You can't top Crack the Skye, they should've stopped after that one.

Give Mastodon some time to grow on you, by the third listen Crack the Skye should be your new religion. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Just to put the magnitude of Crack the Skye into perspective, this is almost a perfect metal song:

It wouldn't even be in contention for making the final cut for Crack the Skye.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Leviathan is awesome, but it's miles behind Blood Mountain while Crack the Skye is on a different planet. The Hunter was good, but it left me underwhelmed. You can't top Crack the Skye, they should've stopped after that one.

Give Mastodon some time to grow on you, by the third listen Crack the Skye should be your new religion. :D
I'll listen to Crack The Skye if you listen to Rust In Peace. :D RIP blows me away every time I listen to it still to this day and I've listened to it countless times.

I've really only listened to Leviathan and parts of The Hunter, which is kind of meh, apart from The Black Tongue.

-

dem riffs wtf :mark: :mark: :mark: :drill:

- - - Updated - - -

Pogo - Digitalism

Now where has it been
I mean the good ol' wild days
Became a bit too lame
Just take a look at my place
It's such a mess
But i'll be out of this place as soon as you tell me where the night is

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
@<a href="http://forum.juventuz.org/member.php?u=1840" target="_blank">swag</a>

Take a listen and tell me what you think. You might enjoy it, especially the second part of the song.
I liked both sections actually. While I enjoy that music, these days I have a hard time going that extra step from like to love is the challenge.

runner0xff

Feb 15, 2013
2 Tommy
Thanks man. I searched for this musician 4 or 5 years. I heard this song a long long long time ago and then just forgot about it. Didn't think i can find it here. Thanks.

p.s. Excellent riffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Marc Bolan. What a man he was.
What a riff. Fantastic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)