'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (15 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I don't use youtube for listening sessions, however while studying or doing something where the music becomes back ground, the difference between 320 quality and FLAC is hardly a relevant one :)
Youtube isn't 320. But if you mean mp3, it still sucks balls compared to flac (even when you're not paying much attention to it :D).

Ever compared lossless to CD? I never have, curious to hear the difference.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Youtube isn't 320. But if you mean mp3, it still sucks balls compared to flac (even when you're not paying much attention to it :D).

Ever compared lossless to CD? I never have, curious to hear the difference.
Youtube is 320 if the file was uploaded in that quality. Of course 320 is bad compared to flac, my point was just that for you to notice it in a manner that really has an influence on the enjoyment you get out of it, you have to pay attention. If you're paying attention, you're not studying properly :p .

I can't hear the difference between lossless and CD - I think they're identical. Since the file is ripped from the CD in a lossless manner and the files are being sampled 1024 times per minute - I should think that they are identical. Even if they're not, I won't pretend to be such an audiophile and claim that I can hear any noticable difference between CD and FLAC.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I don't think so, I've listened to some 1080hd music on youtube and it still sounds lossy. I don't think youtube audio is ever very good.

I can't help paying attention :D

I can imagine they're probably almost identical. Any differences would more or less come down to what they're being played off (i.e high quality cd player vs average pc audio).

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
1080HD music on youtube sounds lossy of the uploaded file is by default 320, Youtube doesn't work magic. That's why I said that it depends on the uploaded file, by putting it into 1080HD on youtube you just get the best possible Audio. There are lossless songs on youtube :)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
1080HD music on youtube sounds lossy of the uploaded file is by default 320, Youtube doesn't work magic. That's why I said that it depends on the uploaded file, by putting it into 1080HD on youtube you just get the best possible Audio. There are lossless songs on youtube :)
Oh, well you'd think on a 1080hd video the audio would be up to par but most probably don't even notice :p

Well I believe you, that must waste a lot of download usage though, might as well just download it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)