'what are you currently listening to' Part 2 (87 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

Bodies convulse in agony, and pain
I mangle their face till no features remain
A blade for the butchering, I cut them to shreds
First take out the organs, then cut off the head
The remains of flesh now sop under my feet
One more bloody massacre, the murder's complete
I seek to dismember, a sadist fiend
Bloodbath's my way of getting clean

A merciless butcher who lives underground
I'm out to destroy and I will cut you down

:devil:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Peace Sells is the best but Rust In Peace is phenomenal also. Countdown is pretty good, same with So Far, So Good...So What!, United Abominations has a few good songs, Trust & Youthanasia have one good song each, Endgame is fucking awesome and Th1rt3en is good but I haven't listened to it enough yet. The rest are shit.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Peace Sells is the best but Rust In Peace is phenomenal also. Countdown is pretty good, same with So Far, So Good...So What!, United Abominations has a few good songs, Trust & Youthanasia have one good song each, Endgame is fucking awesome and Th1rt3en is good but I haven't listened to it enough yet. The rest are shit.
Seriously? United Abominations & Endgame are more generic than Linkin Park. Even though Endgame should have been awesome with Broderick on lead guitar it was so bleh.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Seriously? United Abominations & Endgame are more generic than Linkin Park. Even though Endgame should have been awesome with Broderick on lead guitar it was so bleh.
I liked them, but I found that some of lyrics in Endgame were seriously lame. 44 minutes and 1,320 in particular had terrible lyrics. I mean cool subjects, but the lyrics were not done well. Also I don't find Broderick very entertaining. He's a very good guitarist but I find him generic, someone like Marty Friedman captivates me much more than a shredder like Broderick.

And Linkin Park were good! Hybrid Theory and Meteora were fucking awesome. Probably the best 'nu-metal' besides SoaD. Though after the Jay-Z Collision Course (which was good) they fell off of a fucking cliff. I don't know if they 'sold out' in a sense because Numb from Meteora especially was huge on the mainstream but I think it had something to do with Chester not being able to sing the same. Like James Hetfield nowadays. A Thousand Suns is fucking terrible, I listened to a few of the songs for about 10 minutes then listened to something else. Lucky I didn't buy it on CD or I would have thrown it out the window.

-

A Perfect Cirlce - The Outsider

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Testament with Gene "The Atomic Clock" Hoglan on drums? FUCK YES.

Dude he's recording on their new album!!! Testament is literally one of my favourite bands ever. I fucking love Testament. I personally disliked Demonic because I'm not into Death Metal but every other album is fucking insane though I haven't listened a lot of Low or The Ritual, but they sound good. The Formation of Damnation is incredible. They keep getting better. But I must say that Dave Lombardo is a genius. His drumming on 'The Gathering' is mental. He's one of my top drummers ever along with Keith Moon, Bonham and Danny Carey of Tool.

Their new album is called 'The Dark Roots of Earth' and should have been out by now but their drummer got sick or something so Hoglan had to step in and record drums. It'll be out early next year I believe.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Dude he's recording on their new album!!! Testament is literally one of my favourite bands ever. I fucking love Testament. I personally disliked Demonic because I'm not into Death Metal but every other album is fucking insane though I haven't listened a lot of Low or The Ritual, but they sound good. The Formation of Damnation is incredible. They keep getting better. But I must say that Dave Lombardo is a genius. His drumming on 'The Gathering' is mental. He's one of my top drummers ever along with Keith Moon, Bonham and Danny Carey of Tool.

Their new album is called 'The Dark Roots of Earth' and should have been out by now but their drummer got sick or something so Hoglan had to step in and record drums. It'll be out early next year I believe.
Didnt know that. So you're more of a Gathering man

Lombardo is good when he can be fucked with it, but lately he's just been taking the easy road. Kind of losing interest in him.

Are you familiar with Mastodon? Brann Dailor from that band is my favorite drummer.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Yeah I've listened to Mastodon but to be honest I don't find them all that interesting. And my favourite Testament album is no doubt The New Order :mark: Followed by The Gathering, Formation, The Legacy and Souls of Black/Pratice.

I don't think I've listened from Lombardo apart from live Slayer since The Gathering. The last Slayer album I have is Seasons In The Abyss. I have Reign in Blood and South of Heaven too. Never got into them enough to listen to other albums.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Might be because I'm a stuck up metal elitist but according to me Mastodon is the most important band in the genre since Blood Mountain.

The Gathering is their best album by far, one of the best drumming performances on any album I've heard. He fades out Murphy's lead guitar work (which is excellent) without ruining the songs - unbelievable.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Blood Mountain? lol :D

I've listened to Mastodon and I don't dislike them, but I just don't find myself greatly interested in them. Maybe one day I'll start listening to them properly.

Yeah fuck, in the ending Eyes of Wrath it's almost like Lombardo is playing lead drums. I don't think I've ever heard drumming like that besides those other drummers I listed. Dave Grohl is also a fucking genius on the drums.

Though I don't think you can say that one Testament album is the best because their albums span way too many genres unlike say Megadeth or Metallica where their albums are close enough that you can say that Peace Sells and Justice For All are their best albums imo.

The New Order is probably my favourite because of Skolnick's guitar work. He's gotta be one of the most underrated guitarists ever. He's got some serious chops and he's a full fledged Jazz player (check the 'Alex Skolnick Trio') which is fucking awesome. Musical Death (A Dirge) is awesome and I love playing it on guitar. He's the best metal lead guiarist I've heard. Better than Hammet and Friedman imo. No one tops Jimmy Page though ;)

-

3 Days in Darkness - Testament

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)