-what are u currently listenin to?- (585 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

elvis presley - burnin' love

...lllorrd almighty i feel my temperature rising..
higher, higher it's burning through my soul
girl, girl you gonna set me on fire
my brain is flamin, i don't know which way to go...

elvis--->second to none, long live the king!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Black Sabbath - Thrill of It All

It's been a while since I've dug up the old, more obscure material from these guys for a listen. (I just can't listen to the heavy airplay stuff of most bands with music that old.) Volume IV, Sabotage... definitely hold up with the decades.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Black Sabbath - Thrill of It All

It's been a while since I've dug up the old, more obscure material from these guys for a listen. (I just can't listen to the heavy airplay stuff of most bands with music that old.) Volume IV, Sabotage... definitely hold up with the decades.
Sabotage might be my favorite Sabbath Album.
Megalomania, Hole in the Sky, Symptom of the Universe. Classic Tracks.

Actually, now that I think about it, I really like Born Again as well. Too bad it sounds so distorted.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sabotage is one of my favorites too, because it's often overlooked, underplayed (so it even still sounds pretty "fresh" today) and yet is such a solid album.

Born Again? I have to dig that up somewhere. I actually saw them on that tour with Ian Gillan in Chicago.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Sabotage is one of my favorites too, because it's often overlooked, underplayed (so it even still sounds pretty "fresh" today) and yet is such a solid album.

Born Again? I have to dig that up somewhere. I actually saw them on that tour with Ian Gillan in Chicago.
Yep, I saw that tour as well.

Then I decided to see them in '86 when Ray Gillen, who replaced Glenn Hughes, was the singer.
OK, I confess. The REAL reason I went to that show was because of a certain group who opened up for them. You may have heard of them.

Metallica

"Knew I couldn't make it, the car just couldn't take it. I was turning, tires burning, the ground was in my sky. I was laughing, the ***** was trashed, and death was in my eye."

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Ahhh... the lyrics to "Trashed".

I can't believe I've never actually seen Metallica live, though. And this coming from a guy who bought Kill 'Em All on cassette when it first came out in '83.

I just never made the leap to see them. I always figured I'd come across them on a bill when, back then in my heavy ear-bleeding days, I was busy frequenting Motorhead shows (I'm probably one of the few people who actually liked Motorhead rather than just saying they did) and the like.

Then moving to their home grounds in SF in the late 80s.... still never eventually happened.

Oh well, I'll just have to rent Some Kind of Monster tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 585)