-what are u currently listenin to?- (575 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

:LOL: I used to be fast and quick, but i had a bad ankle injury in December and then in March i blew my lungs! (too much football i guess) so it's taking me some time to get my form back.

but mainly, i'm a dribbler much like C. Ronaldo, but i'm not the fastest on the pitch. the way i dribble i usually only have a couple of toes or a heel on the ground and it's enough to hold my whole body :D but all it takes is a little shrug and i'll be rolling a-la inzaghi! :D
so, yes, big but fast defenders are a headache for me. if your not fast enough, i can dodge the tackles.
Not if I get my 180 pound frame in front of you. :D All my life I have played midfield; my favorite role being a free playmaker. I don't think I have been on a team where I was not the best passer. I love that free role; just move around like Zizou.

But last year my Varsity coach moved me back to sweeper, and I was like wtf? But I found out why he wanted me back there, because my reading and sense for the game, with my skill for starting attacks, were I guess top notch. I found that I like the position. My German friend called me 'Beck'enbauer the whole season. :LOL:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Not if I get my 180 pound frame in front of you. :D All my life I have played midfield; my favorite role being a free playmaker. I don't think I have been on a team where I was not the best passer. I love that free role; just move around like Zizou.

But last year my Varsity coach moved me back to sweeper, and I was like wtf? But I found out why he wanted me back there, because my reading and sense for the game, with my skill for starting attacks, were I guess top notch. I found that I like the position. My German friend called me 'Beck'enbauer the whole season. :LOL:
awesome :thumb: 180 pounds you say!? how tall?

that's... pretty close to my story.

I've always played as a LB because i've been comfortable with both feet. though i'm naturally right-footed, I prefer the left side and i'm very defense minded and i can dribble. like you, my positioning and ability to read the game was my biggest asset. I thought of the playmaking role and i enjoy playing it when i play casually with friends, but at a higher level i choke because I used to always look down and keep the ball too much, so i'm not a great distributer even though i can make some sweet through-passes.

anyway, playmaking never worked. I played for a team a couple years ago and their sweeper was suspended, so i took his place and excelled there(so the coach says), so i ended up playing that position often.
I liked it, and i'm comfortable playing LB and CB, but I enjoyed dribbling :D so i started from the bottom and played many scrimmage games (with not-so-good team.. so i can practice and not worry about a coach kicking me out) as a support striker and slowly improved on my vision. I still can't play playmaker, but my current (and fav) position is support striker (left sided though).

The team i'm in now, plays a flat 3-5-2 so they needed a left-sided wingback. The damn coach put me there and now i'm a winger. though i dont like the position and i dont play as well, my crosses have improved and now i take the Corner kicks for the team and sometimes the FKs. (the new preds help too :D )

gray

Apr 22, 2003
We should start a football players' thread again, guys. There weren't that many actual players before, but I think 3 is enough for now :D

I play forward, because I've always loved scoring goals. I'm not a hypocrite bagging out Trez, because I actually like to drop back a bit and help out my team-mates, but I just love taking shots. Give me half a chance, even with my back to goal, and I can get a good effort on target 9.5/10 times :D

I'd love to play footy with you guys, seriously if I meet up with anyone from the forum, the first thing i'd wanna do (before eating and talking and all that bullshit) is just put down some jackets as goals and play good old shirts versus skins with you guys :))

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I'd love to play footy with you guys, seriously if I meet up with anyone from the forum, the first thing i'd wanna do (before eating and talking and all that bullshit) is just put down some jackets as goals and play good old shirts versus skins with you guys :))
Gray, does being so short benefit football-playing ? :D

i'm just kiddisng
but it's a music thread guys..... hint hint

Aug 1, 2003

I think you'd like them. They sing about all kinds of girl stuff. Its fun! :angel: Its like Avril kind of music, except in a band, but probably better. But I do like that new song by Avril.
you are in need of some serious music therapy help . :)

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I play forward, because I've always loved scoring goals.

lol. same here. i am just more of an inzaghi type of forward. i let them do all the work and then i tap it in and get all the glory. it works almost half the times in empty nets. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

awesome :thumb: 180 pounds you say!? how tall?

that's... pretty close to my story.

I've always played as a LB because i've been comfortable with both feet. though i'm naturally right-footed, I prefer the left side and i'm very defense minded and i can dribble. like you, my positioning and ability to read the game was my biggest asset. I thought of the playmaking role and i enjoy playing it when i play casually with friends, but at a higher level i choke because I used to always look down and keep the ball too much, so i'm not a great distributer even though i can make some sweet through-passes.

anyway, playmaking never worked. I played for a team a couple years ago and their sweeper was suspended, so i took his place and excelled there(so the coach says), so i ended up playing that position often.
I liked it, and i'm comfortable playing LB and CB, but I enjoyed dribbling :D so i started from the bottom and played many scrimmage games (with not-so-good team.. so i can practice and not worry about a coach kicking me out) as a support striker and slowly improved on my vision. I still can't play playmaker, but my current (and fav) position is support striker (left sided though).

The team i'm in now, plays a flat 3-5-2 so they needed a left-sided wingback. The damn coach put me there and now i'm a winger. though i dont like the position and i dont play as well, my crosses have improved and now i take the Corner kicks for the team and sometimes the FKs. (the new preds help too :D )
I am 180 pounds and 5 foot 11, so I'm rarely outmuscled. I am not that quick, so thats my downfall. But I make up for it with my vision.

Being a playmaker is awesome, but at the highest levels it rather difficult to succeed. My Varsity coach never played with creativity; he would always play man to man marking and straight forward tactics. So there was never any room for a "free role" player. Last season I played central midfield, but since all the seniors left last season, he moved me back to sweeper.

This season we played such a horrible style. We played mostly a 4-5-1 counter-attacking style, with everbody except for the striker coming back to get a man and mark. For many games, the ball would be in our half for most of the game and it would be a shooting gallery against my keeper and I. But the tactics worked, as we eventually won the State Championship, even though we had three sophmores starting for us. We had weak individual players, compared to the team we beat, but our center was solid. The Heights, who we beat, supposedly had two Nationally ranked players, who were thought to be the next Freddy Adus. Just shows how a "team" effort can bring success.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

lol. same here. i am just more of an inzaghi type of forward. i let them do all the work and then i tap it in and get all the glory. it works almost half the times in empty nets. :D
Yeah, and I bet you get all the awards, like my team's sorry excuse for a striker. :groan:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

I am 180 pounds and 5 foot 11, so I'm rarely outmuscled. I am not that quick, so thats my downfall. But I make up for it with my vision.

Being a playmaker is awesome, but at the highest levels it rather difficult to succeed. My Varsity coach never played with creativity; he would always play man to man marking and straight forward tactics. So there was never any room for a "free role" player. Last season I played central midfield, but since all the seniors left last season, he moved me back to sweeper.

This season we played such a horrible style. We played mostly a 4-5-1 counter-attacking style, with everbody except for the striker coming back to get a man and mark. For many games, the ball would be in our half for most of the game and it would be a shooting gallery against my keeper and I. But the tactics worked, as we eventually won the State Championship, even though we had three sophmores starting for us. We had weak individual players, compared to the team we beat, but our center was solid. The Heights, who we beat, supposedly had two Nationally ranked players, who were thought to be the next Freddy Adus. Just shows how a "team" effort can bring success.
aah... catenaccio at it's best ...your league's still in the 80's :D
Congrats on the state championship :star:

the indoor team i play for has loads of talent upfront, but we dont havr the defense! we're all attack minded. Even when i get back to defend, i'm all alone and it rarely works out well. The indoor league i play in has a couple of former players from central american teams. The guy who owns the place
(he plays too) used to play for Germany's Wolfsburg and in the MLS too i believe.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Check the Recycle Bin, you can probably get them back.

All of my music (about 12 CDs full of mp3s, categorized by year) are securily kept in several places: home pc, work pc, hard copy burned on CDs.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
no they're not, coz i delete immediately things from recycle bin too..

btw, do you know if Audio Catalyst can convert .rm files to mp3?

or if you know any other player that can convert .rm files to mp3 please let me know...

p.s. i searched the interenet and i couldn't find something good.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
Hmmm... *.rm are CD tracks?

If so, I used one great program called exactaudiocopy, which is free (www.exactaudiocopy.org).

If not, you can probably do it with Soundforge. That soft can do anything.

thanx pendir, but i don't have any songs in CD that are .rm files, but i have some songs which i downloaded from internet, and they're .rm files and i can't listen to them in winamp...that's why i want to convert them to mp3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 575)