-what are u currently listenin to?- (286 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Im listening to Milkshake right now

I love it

Its like my fourth favourite song, after
Hey Ya - Outkast
Toxic - Britney Spears
and Satisfaction - Benny Benassi

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
I'm currently discovering a new band called "The Mars Volta", they're great. Check out the song called "Roulette Dares".

Several members used to be in "At The Drive-In", another supremo band.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Mars Volta, If I'm correct, I think Flea from RHCP is in that band, and I think that the lead singer or guitarist passed away.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
I remember At The Drive-In!!!

They had some good songs
Yeah, tell me about it! The two songs "One-Armed Scissor" and "Pattern Against User" are just incredible, two of my favourite songs ever. So cool that you like some of their songs, I wouldn't have thought anyone here liked them. :)
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
Mars Volta, If I'm correct, I think Flea from RHCP is in that band, and I think that the lead singer or guitarist passed away.
I don't think Flea is a member, but I know that they have toured with RHCP, maybe he's played a few shows or somehting. I didn't know that someone there had died, but I checked and yeah, last may a guy named Jeremy Ward died of a drug overdose. Don't know what he played though, as he wasn't in "At The Drive-In".

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Why did they break up?

They didnt want to be sell outs or something ?
Yeah, that seems to be a big reason. They seem determined to keep things non-commercial. Also, these guys Cedric Bixler and Omar Rodriguez (the two guys behind "The Mars Volta" and "At The Drive-In") seem to be pretty unsettled, they've had several other bands too.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Im not into that kind of music anymore, but At The Drive-In had a very original concept. I'll check out later that song you said by The Mars Volta, just to see how they are

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
Im not into that kind of music anymore, but At The Drive-In had a very original concept.
How did you hear of them? Were they on TV and stuff? I know them purely from reccommendations from music people I trust on the internet, without the internet I would never have heard about them.

And yes, "At The Drive-In" is very different from the songs you mentioned earlier in this thread, what happened? :)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Nope, I first heard them in a radio program that plays underground rock music and stuff, and I liked them so I checked out some of their stuff. Then another day while hearing the program I found out they broke up, but I remember seeing the video for "One Armed Scissor" on MTV

About what happened, I dont know. I guess I got bored of always searching for new stuff and I got tired of that kind of music. Im a very openminded person, I like just about everything

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
About what happened, I dont know. I guess I got bored of always searching for new stuff and I got tired of that kind of music. Im a very openminded person, I like just about everything
I know what you mean, it's often a struggle finding good music, but recently I've discovered several ways.

And I guess I'm kinda different from you, I'm very close-minded when it comes to music. It's a curse, as the I don't like 96% of the music played everywhere.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

I know what you mean, it's often a struggle finding good music, but recently I've discovered several ways.
What ways?

I think that the reason that Im very openminded is because I grew up listening to all kinds of stuff, because my family likes mostly music in english, but here most people like latin stuff, esp. salsa and merengue, so Ive learned to like everything

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
What ways?
I've found several messageboards with a few members that really know their stuff. Then I just pay close attention to what they are saying. The music forum on XT for example has several posters with great taste in music, I discovered loads of great bands and artists like "At The Drive-In", "Kyuss", "Jeff Buckley" and "Interpol" through the site.

Also, Allmusic.com is a great site for finding music, thanks Josh for introducing me to the site. You can find a band you like there and it has links to similiar artists, wich is great. They also suggest wich songs to check out. Takes a bit more time often though.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I see. Awhile ago I used to go to forums searching for new stuff, but I got tired of doing it and I was unable to find some songs... So until I get bored of the rappers and the mainstream Ill just stick to that :)

Just wondering, do you like RHCP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 286)