-what are u currently listenin to?- (249 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
hey bro whats your top5 Nas albums? this is my top5 1 would have to be Illmatic that imo is the best rap album of all time i might be a lil biased but for me Nas is THE MC. 2. Stillmatic 3. God's son 4. It was written 5. Lost tapes
Illmatic is definitely number 1, but in my view It Was Written comes in second. All the tracks on those albums are top notch. Then I suppose Street's Disciple comes in 3rd, I Am... comes in 4th, and then Stillmatic.

It's pretty difficult to say after the first two though. In my opinion, the others aren't anywhere near Illmatic and It Was Written, but they're still good.

And yeah, I think Illmatic is probably the best album of all time as well.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
#1) Illmatic
#2) Stillmatic
#3) Untitled
#4) The Lost Tapes
#5) Hip Hop is Dead

The nigga Tape by DJ Green Lantern and Mr. Nasdaq by DJ 31 Degreez might be his best mixtapes.

Also, check out the 80's, 90's, and West Coast remixes of "Where are they Now". Absolutely spectacular remixes featuring old school hip hop artists from those time periods

Don't listen to Andy, he's a Double N.

Nas Newbie

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Compared to It Was Written, Untitled blows donk, dude. I like all his albums but there are only two tracks on Untitled that I liked, so I didn't even bother to buy the whole album.

I have no idea how you don't rate It Was Written in the top five. It's insanity, IMO.

I Gave You Power, If I Ruled the World, The Message, Take It In Blood, Shootouts and Suspect are all fucking amazing.

Remember, the reason why I wasn't a big Nas fan at first is because I only heard his later stuff past God's Son. It's not as good as his earlier stuff, guaranteed.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Likewise. :D

Political Hip Hop is dope!
Zack de la rocha, Immortal Technique, The Coup, Saul Williams, Public Enemy, Brother Ali, NonPhixion, etc

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Compared to It Was Written, Untitled blows donk, dude. I like all his albums but there are only two tracks on Untitled that I liked, so I didn't even bother to buy the whole album.

I have no idea how you don't rate It Was Written in the top five. It's insanity, IMO.

I Gave You Power, If I Ruled the World, The Message, Take It In Blood, Shootouts and Suspect are all fucking amazing.

Remember, the reason why I wasn't a big Nas fan at first is because I only heard his later stuff past God's Son. It's not as good as his earlier stuff, guaranteed.

I'm not as big of a fan of that album as some of his others. Plain and Simple.

I happen to like Untitled as one of my favorites. Sly Fox, Breathe, Black President , Hero, Make the World go Round. Its my opinion.

Have you ever even listened to his mixtapes, or his remixes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 243)