-what are u currently listenin to?- (267 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2006
Wow, I really am feeling this. The Knives! Another band I was meaning to listen to but never got to them, thanks for the reminder. Check out that track by Hey Champ?

Marceℓℓo;2025359 said:
:tup:

Jay-Z- D.O.A (Death Of Autotune)

He murdered it,R.I.P Autotune.
Did Mr. KanYe West produce that? :snoop:

--

Snoop Dogg - Beautiful (Feat. Pharrell & Charlie Wilson)

Jun 26, 2007
Sure it is. It's from a live concert in New York back in 1958. Love it.

Blue Monk - Thelonious Monk
Ever heard his 1964 live album? The arrangement of My Funny Valentine in there is one of the most brilliant things I ever heard. The way he works with building up and releasing tension is unmatched.

BTW, how cool is the sloppy way Thelonious plays the piano. :D

I didn't know you like jazz, Andy. I like Thelonious a lot, but my favorite is The Bird. Man, that Parker was a fucking genius.
Parker is one of my favorite melodists ever, along with Miles, Coltrane and Chopin. They seem to be really going somewhere instead of just making up something that sounds cool.

I took a class in Jazz and learned to respect it, so I do listen to it from time to time. We learned about all the greats and I especially like Miles and Coltrane.
:tup: I wish I could get credits for music classes.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Ever heard his 1964 live album? The arrangement of My Funny Valentine in there is one of the most brilliant things I ever heard. The way he works with building up and releasing tension is unmatched.

BTW, how cool is the sloppy way Thelonious plays the piano. :D

Oh, never heard that recording. I'll look for it.

Parker is one of my favorite melodists ever, along with Miles, Coltrane and Chopin. They seem to be really going somewhere instead of just making up something that sounds cool.
They were brilliant, they just play what their felt at that moment. I think they never had like a pourpuse like "this is were this song end", they just played and made and strange language between them based on their music.
BTW, Julio Cortazar made an amazing jazz-short-novel/tale about Charlie Parker (under the name of "Johnny") you gotta read it, it's called El Perseguidor (E: It's called The Pursuer and appears on his book The Secret Weapons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 261)