-what are u currently listenin to?- (161 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
so i need some new music here. any recommendations?
I've been listen MGMT and the Automatic.

The first ones are kind of indie/psychedelic/pop band. They have only one album relase (Oracular Spectacular) which is pretty good. It's like do some LSD... probably these guy were really high when they recored it. Good songs: actually, most of the songs of this album are good.

MGMT - Kids

The Automatic: well, they did two albums which are really really different. Not Accepted Anywhere could be defined as a snyth/punk; there was this guy who played the keyboards who shouted like a sceam'o. He gave to the band an interesting sound. Good songs of that album? Lost at Home, Recover, That's what she said. The keyboard player left the band after the start of This is a Fix, their second album. They recluted a guitarist who is supposed to do the snyth part (which is not that true, actually he gave a whole different sound). This is a fix have more guitars, more mathematics guitar (kind Foals) and it have more rock. Good songs: This ship, Steve Mcqueen, Make Mistakes.

The Automatic - Recover (From Not Accepted...)

The Automatic - Steve Mcqueen (From This is a fix)

Check them out and tell me if you like them, Bes.

edit: Oh, and if you are looking something like Sigur Rós meets Pink Floyd, Explosions in the Sky is the answer

Jan 7, 2004
I've been listen MGMT and the Automatic.

The first ones are kind of indie/psychedelic/pop band. They have only one album relase (Oracular Spectacular) which is pretty good. It's like do some LSD... probably these guy were really high when they recored it. Good songs: actually, most of the songs of this album are good.

MGMT - Kids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIEOZCcaXzE

The Automatic: well, they did two albums which are really really different. Not Accepted Anywhere could be defined as a snyth/punk; there was this guy who played the keyboards who shouted like a sceam'o. He gave to the band an interesting sound. Good songs of that album? Lost at Home, Recover, That's what she said. The keyboard player left the band after the start of This is a Fix, their second album. They recluted a guitarist who is supposed to do the snyth part (which is not that true, actually he gave a whole different sound). This is a fix have more guitars, more mathematics guitar (kind Foals) and it have more rock. Good songs: This ship, Steve Mcqueen, Make Mistakes.

The Automatic - Recover (From Not Accepted...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BbUwGSsMwg

The Automatic - Steve Mcqueen (From This is a fix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssXBmSu7b_Q

Check them out and tell me if you like them, Bes.

edit: Oh, and if you are looking something like Sigur Rós meets Pink Floyd, Explosions in the Sky is the answer
cheers bro, that's more that i asked for. kids is a very cool song, looking forward to whole album. i'll also give the automatic a listen, but particularly exited to hear explosions in the sky

:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 157)