-what are u currently listenin to?- (255 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2004
Dru, I just wrote this review for extra credit in my Mass Comm class:

For this extra credit assignment I chose to review Little Brother's newest mixtape. Little Brother are a hip-hop group formed in 2002 consisting of "Phonte", "Big Rapper Pooh" and the "9th Wonder". The "9th Wonder" was their DJ until about a year or so ago when he decided to go solo. They went to college for at least 2 years in Greesboro, NC, but are originally from the Raleigh-Durham area. Their newest album, And Justice For All with Mick Boogie, is, in my opinion, their best. As a standard, they are damn good, much more focus is shown in their lyrics rather than the beats or catchy repetitive nonsense like many other "rappers" out there today. They are relatively unheard of and for a long time were underground, I still would not call them mainstream because their hip-hop style is a Mid-Southern Old School type, not the Pop style that airs on most mainstream radio stations of today. Their lyrical ability is some of the best I've ever heard, not unlike groups like Gang Starr or other heavyweights like Biggie. Although I would not say they are close to the quality of Rakim. As far as the album goes, it is amazing, if you like hip-hop, I would definitely suggest picking it up, if you can find it. Also, the album has a great feature of not having any cuts in it, the flow from one track to the next is amazing, there are no breaks, there is always a beat going. The ability of the DJ to meld the beats from one to the other is quite uncanny as well. The album very much plays not unlike a live album, but the greatest thing is, it's not live at all. Little Brother normally flows about growing up in the lower end of society or blue-collar life, there is none of that nonsensical tripe about gang banging or killing, and an extreme lack of graphic female aggression, which is too commonly seen in most other genres of hip-hop/rap. I think they are one of the greatest groups to come out in the last 10 years, and this album is one of the top five to come out since 2000. They also rarely use other artists on their music, they do not have a lot of tracks "featuring" anyone else, which I think makes their music much truer and downright amazing...

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
ßöмßäяdîëя;1518619 said:
Dru, here is an example of their stuff. They are very lyrically based, unlike many "rappers."

I also think their beats are some of the best in the past 5 years....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wVMMmv8QPc
good shit

i'm gonna DL their shit, tonite when i get home. good lookin out burke.

and then i'll do the cool dance :jvefan: with my fucking pants off and the balls hangin down to da floor

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
ßöмßäяdîëя;1518776 said:
Dru, I just wrote this review for extra credit in my Mass Comm class:

For this extra credit assignment I chose to review Little Brother's newest mixtape. Little Brother are a hip-hop group formed in 2002 consisting of "Phonte", "Big Rapper Pooh" and the "9th Wonder". The "9th Wonder" was their DJ until about a year or so ago when he decided to go solo. They went to college for at least 2 years in Greesboro, NC, but are originally from the Raleigh-Durham area. Their newest album, And Justice For All with Mick Boogie, is, in my opinion, their best. As a standard, they are damn good, much more focus is shown in their lyrics rather than the beats or catchy repetitive nonsense like many other "rappers" out there today. They are relatively unheard of and for a long time were underground, I still would not call them mainstream because their hip-hop style is a Mid-Southern Old School type, not the Pop style that airs on most mainstream radio stations of today. Their lyrical ability is some of the best I've ever heard, not unlike groups like Gang Starr or other heavyweights like Biggie. Although I would not say they are close to the quality of Rakim. As far as the album goes, it is amazing, if you like hip-hop, I would definitely suggest picking it up, if you can find it. Also, the album has a great feature of not having any cuts in it, the flow from one track to the next is amazing, there are no breaks, there is always a beat going. The ability of the DJ to meld the beats from one to the other is quite uncanny as well. The album very much plays not unlike a live album, but the greatest thing is, it's not live at all. Little Brother normally flows about growing up in the lower end of society or blue-collar life, there is none of that nonsensical tripe about gang banging or killing, and an extreme lack of graphic female aggression, which is too commonly seen in most other genres of hip-hop/rap. I think they are one of the greatest groups to come out in the last 10 years, and this album is one of the top five to come out since 2000. They also rarely use other artists on their music, they do not have a lot of tracks "featuring" anyone else, which I think makes their music much truer and downright amazing...
Who is their DJ now? And you used the word truer. Your professor will hate that, unless he or she is a dolt. In that case you will do fine.

Apr 12, 2004
Who is their DJ now? And you used the word truer. Your professor will hate that, unless he or she is a dolt. In that case you will do fine.
true |troō|
adjective ( truer , truest )
1 in accordance with fact or reality : a true story | of course it's true | that is not true of the people I am talking about.
• [ attrib. ] rightly or strictly so called; genuine : people are still willing to pay for true craftsmanship | we believe in true love.
• [ attrib. ] real or actual : he has guessed my true intentions.
• said when conceding a point in argument or discussion : true, it faced north, but you got used to that.
2 accurate or exact : it was a true depiction.
• (of a note) exactly in tune.
• (of a compass bearing) measured relative to true north : steer 085 degrees true.
• correctly positioned, balanced, or aligned; upright or level.
3 loyal or faithful : he was a true friend.
• [ predic. ] ( true to) accurately conforming to (a standard or expectation); faithful to : this entirely new production remains true to the essence of Lorca's play.
4 chiefly archaic honest : we appeal to all good men and true to rally to us.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
ßöмßäяdîëя;1518802 said:
true |troō|
adjective ( truer , truest )
1 in accordance with fact or reality : a true story | of course it's true | that is not true of the people I am talking about.
• [ attrib. ] rightly or strictly so called; genuine : people are still willing to pay for true craftsmanship | we believe in true love.
• [ attrib. ] real or actual : he has guessed my true intentions.
• said when conceding a point in argument or discussion : true, it faced north, but you got used to that.
2 accurate or exact : it was a true depiction.
• (of a note) exactly in tune.
• (of a compass bearing) measured relative to true north : steer 085 degrees true.
• correctly positioned, balanced, or aligned; upright or level.
3 loyal or faithful : he was a true friend.
• [ predic. ] ( true to) accurately conforming to (a standard or expectation); faithful to : this entirely new production remains true to the essence of Lorca's play.
4 chiefly archaic honest : we appeal to all good men and true to rally to us.
Congratulations on your learning to use the dictionary, but that doesn't take away from the fact that using such words, even though they have definitions , can make your writing substandard in the eyes of a professor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 250)