-what are u currently listenin to?- (241 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I always thought Gillan did the vocals on Burn and Stormbringer!:embarasse Either ive got a bad ear,or Gillan and Coverdale sound somewhat similar.I can tell Rod Evans and Joe Lynn Turner apart,but thats kinda hard to do with Gillan and Coverdale as far as im concerned.So now i officialy know that Coverdale sang some of my favourite DP songs,including the brilliat but underated 'You Keep On Moving'.
Actually, Coverdale and Hughes, to a lesser extent, did the vocals on Burn, Strombringer, and Come taste the band, the latter album had a brilliant guitarist by the name of Tommy Bolin replacing Ritchie Blackmore. As far as the Joe Lynn Turner era of Deep Purple (Slaves & Masters), that's a lot like Rocky V. Its best to forget it even existed. :)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Actually, Coverdale and Hughes, to a lesser extent, did the vocals on Burn, Strombringer, and Come taste the band, the latter album had a brilliant guitarist by the name of Tommy Bolin replacing Ritchie Blackmore. As far as the Joe Lynn Turner era of Deep Purple (Slaves & Masters), that's a lot like Rocky V. Its best to forget it even existed. :)
Have you heard King Of Dreams?I think that's a brilliant song.Probably the only highlight of the Turner either.And I guess the two vocalists on You Keep On Moving are Coverdale and Hughes,right?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Have you heard King Of Dreams?I think that's a brilliant song.Probably the only highlight of the Turner either.And I guess the two vocalists on You Keep On Moving are Coverdale and Hughes,right?
I've heard the album once, and never listened to it again, to be honest.

In regards to "You Keep On Moving", if you hear two distinct vocal styles, then yes, its those two. Glenn Hughes became the lead singer of Black Sabbath for a coupel of albums after Ian Gillan left after the "Born Again" tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 235)