-what are u currently listenin to?- (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
VH1 has has an awesome cowntdown of 40 most awesomely bad songs ever! I watched the show the day before yesterday, and it will be aired again on the 30th on VH1. Don't miss, I was laughing my ass off.

You can also vote in some of the categories:
http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/40_mos...ial&pollid=event_dyn_40_awesomely_bad_1_songs
The incredible anti - phil collins bias on that page would stop me almost immediately, and who could possibly call come on eileen (dexy's midnight runners) or keep on loving you (reo speedwagon) bad tracks?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

The incredible anti - phil collins bias on that page would stop me almost immediately, and who could possibly call come on eileen (dexy's midnight runners) or keep on loving you (reo speedwagon) bad tracks?
Yeah, some of the selections did piss me off.

Like Meat Loaf's "I'd do anything for love" and Chicago's "You're the Inspiration"- true classics of rock, should have never been in that list.

And you what what comments they made about Meat Loaf? "There are way too many instruments in that song".

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
My head feels like I just pulled it out of a vice. I picked up the latest CD from Deerhoof -- Milk Man. They're from around here (San Francisco), but they have received a lot more national and international press lately. Their latest recording is probably their most accessible to date, but then that's like picking out David Cronenberg's best feel-good movie for the whole family.

If dementia had a soundtrack, they would be it. Imagine the pop sweetness of a Japanese lead singer in Helly Kitty pajamas combined with Bad Moon Rising-era Sonic Youth and an assortment of other odd pop and rock sounds thrown in. Irreverent, annoying, but ... if you give it time, it grows on you for how completely messed up it is. You'll either find it challenging and interesting or will curse it as complete rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)