-what are u currently listenin to?- (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
:rolleyes:

Yeah, what a great taste in music, and as if people who like hip hop don't have good taste in music. P. Diddy must be a country musician or something.
I wasn't talking about people who like hip hop. I was talking about Eminem. I just don't like his music as people have different tastes.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Oh I have. My friend's boyfriend Alex is a Dearborn guy who is obsessed with Eminem. It is just not up my alley.
Fair enough. But you aren't a hip hop connoisseur as it is, so you probably wouldn't like it to begin with.

But within people who like hip hop - Eminem isn't the biggest evil out there. Sure, he may have some stupid tracks, but he also has some good ones, better than goddamn 50 Cent.

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
Fair enough. But you aren't a hip hop connoisseur as it is, so you probably wouldn't like it to begin with.

But within people who like hip hop - Eminem isn't the biggest evil out there. Sure, he may have some stupid tracks, but he also has some good ones, better than goddamn 50 Cent.
Exactly. I am no hip hop connoisseur therefore I don't appreciate all the hip hop. I just appreciate what I like.

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
You really don't think having a voice which can do the things that Mariah Carey's can do is just as skilled as writing lyrics? I don't think this stuff can be compared really but it is unfair to discredit her music as not as skilled.

Clearly, people like Little Brother are more skilled than Britney Spears who are just performers with no real skill in their music.

Apr 12, 2004
You really don't think having a voice which can do the things that Mariah Carey's can do is just as skilled as writing lyrics? I don't think this stuff can be compared really but it is unfair to discredit her music as not as skilled.

Clearly, people like Little Brother are more skilled than Britney Spears who are just performers with no real skill in their music.
Well then you have to distinguish your definition of skill. Is it learned, understood, developed, or born?

One, most often, is born with a good voice, but the art and skill needed to write lyrics is very different. It is studied, developed and totally mental. Voice is strictly physical.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßöмßäяðîëя;1657249 said:
Well then you have to distinguish your definition of skill. Is it learned, understood, developed, or born?

One, most often, is born with a good voice, but the art and skill needed to write lyrics is very different. It is studied, developed and totally mental. Voice is strictly physical.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)