what about transfering MOGGI to another team?! (1 Viewer)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Worse mistake you can do Gobbi's. The fans always call for their heads when things don't go right...remember through great hardship comes great reward. We suffered through Javi Moreno, Jose Mari, N'Gotty and Umit Davala ... people wanted Galliani's HEAD on platter....things calmed down and in the end we had Pippo, Rui, Kaka, Nesta and Pirlo in the span of two years. Galliani and Moggi are the most shrewd and wise men in Serie A.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think Lippi should go before Moggi. Firing Moggi should be our last resort, he's a great negotiator (when he actually wants players), and the slyest mind in football AFAIK

OP
Mar 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    galliani thought javi moreno(he was really excellent at alaves)and umit could solve milan problems and this was his mistake.
    but moggi knew we need some good defenders.but he insisted we dun need and did NOTHING at january break.

OP
    Mar 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    I think Lippi should go before Moggi. Firing Moggi should be our last resort, he's a great negotiator (when he actually wants players), and the slyest mind in football AFAIK
    i was one of his biggest supporters when ppl blamed him.but he should change his mind.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    My point LOST ON MANY IT SEEMS is that with mistakes or whatevers (Umit Davala, Javi Moreno/Legrotagglie, Zalayetta) come great buys (Kaka, Sheva/Nedved, Trez.). Moratti and Galliani did not have the same job so comparing them is pointless.
    Galliani moved through the ranks of AC Milan and has overseen many different factions. Moggi moved up the ranks at Napoli and got to know the workings of a football team.
    Moratti inherited DADDY'S MONEY and got to know how to spend it on players that were popular.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    moggi has been dissapointing the past few transfers campaign. he is the best at what he does, but lately, he has been ignorant and it has costed the club dearly.

i wouldnt get rid of him, but if he doesnt make the changes and bring in young stars this summer, he will ruin juve even more.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    Its totally wrong to blame Moggi for anything, the man to blame is the damn lippi, he has had good enough squad this year, probably the best squad in Italy when it comes overall quality, but he hasnt achieved a thing, lippi is a bad coach! no doubt.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    no, i think its both. moggi didnt give lippi much of a squad. sure, he had the names, but many of those names are past it now, especially in defence.

lippi has made decisions which havent paid off IMO, but at the same time, he hasnt got a lot to deal with as such.

moggi's ignorance of not wanting to bring in fresh blood the past two summers is obviously a major factor to not being able to keep a clean sheet or create in midfield.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    He brought in Appiah and Legro, which is fresh blood (i know legro is 27 but thats nothing for a defender) so thats a lame excuse. I think the majority is agreeing on that Juve has had the best squad this year. Heard it from Milan, Inter and other teams fans.
    And if we goes 1 year back everyone was happy about Appiah and Legro, but lippi has damaged them obviously. They was very very good before they got to Juve, and the coach has the responsibility to integrate them in the team, make them feel secure, and help them improve. Legro is history now, that cant be changed, but i hope Appiah gets another chance from the fans, with another coach he can be good.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Bringing in 1 defender wasn't enough in the first place, when it's guaranteed that players like Ferrara, Montero, Iuliano, even Birindelli and Pessotto, are going to start; it's just not good enough for a club of our calibre. Missing out on Cannavaro and Nesta was bad enough, and I concede that if Legro turned out to be a good signing, we wouldn't be in so much trouble. But the situation now is that we need at least 3 defenders to be solid in any way. It was as clear as mud on a brick wall that we needed to sign defenders at Christmas, but what did we do? Sweet F.A. Unacceptable.

I'm not saying get rid of Moggi, but we've made some very poor decisions that have cost us dearly

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    yes, he brought in legro, appiah, miccoli and maresca. all great players last season. one defender came in when maybe 2 should have. others should have been sold.

appiah and maresca are not playmakers which were needed.

our squad isnt anywhere near milans and that is a fact.

and yes, i agree that lippi has been poor this season, but it doesnt change the fact that moggi didnt leave him with much, especially in january when it was evident that a defender was needed.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    But at the other hand, no one could predict this situation, its allways a risk of buying players, and its allways hard to predict when players like Montero and Ferrara looses it.
    But i have a bad feeling that how this team has lost everything since last year is lippis fault.

bahraini

May 20, 2003
    ok may i ask one thing..
    why the you ppl always wanna get rid of what u have??
    lets get rid of moggi
    lippi
    DP
    Trez
    appiah
    Legro
    montero
    thuram
    Camo
    the refree also..
    who left????

sometimes i feel that some ppl dont know anything about football
    and just try to prove that by saying lets sell this one and that..

is it very strange for a player or a coach or a mannger to do mistakes?
    is strange that a player or coach pr mannager have one bad luck season?
    if some one good but had bad season u cant wait so he gets again to the form?

dont u feel sick of reading from time to time a thread asking to sell some one of the people there??

i think at the end ppl will ask to sell the whole club and buy another one..

or maybe sell everybody and takeover there places cuz obiously that we know football more than those ppl who r living in football , and sepnd all their life in this field...

jeez, r we juve fans the only ppl who think like that, or is it all the fans of all other teams think like that??

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    i agree with you bahraini, but when it comes to lippi i cant understand the support, he has had enough chanches, and this year he has shown his true self.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by bahraini ] ++
    ok may i ask one thing..
    why the you ppl always wanna get rid of what u have??
    lets get rid of moggi
    lippi
    DP
    Trez
    appiah
    Legro
    montero
    thuram
    Camo
    I see what you're saying here bahraini, but out of the people you named, I only want Lippi, Trez (financial reasons) and Montero to leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)