Weston “Immovable” McKennie (58 Viewers)

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Like I said in another thread, i saw nearly every Schalke game the last two seasons. McKennie is pure average, just like all other players from Schalke. There's a reason the only other bidders were Southampton, Newcastle and Hertha. Is that our level now? He will be just like all the leminas and rincons. I have no clue, how people on this board get excited over a transfer Like this? Here in Germany everyone is wondering, why Juve signed this guy, that tells you everything you need to know about him.
Can he be worse than Matuidi though? Plus he is young, he can improve in this team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
In general I like the profile, thinking outside of the box. Signing before the player explodes/gets too much attention. Young, probably low salary, eager to prove himself. Seems to have some of the features we crave in the midfield.

The obligation to buy doesn't surprise me. If it was an option, there would be zero reason for Schalke to do this, considering the guy is an established player there.

But it's all worth nothing if the guy isn't technically good enough. Have to wait and see how his ball playing skills are, I'm sure without the ball he's great.

I have some hope, despite Il tedesco's input, of someone who follows the team and the league, which is important and a bad sign. Usually common sense of the team fans prevails, and this guy probably showed inconsistency/limitations playing ball.

Let's hope this guy is a hidden gem, which would make definitely a coup for Paratici. All in all, I like it. Kudos for not leaking it too.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
In general I like the profile, thinking outside of the box. Signing before the player explodes/gets too much attention. Young, probably low salary, eager to prove himself. Seems to have some of the features we crave in the midfield.

The obligation to buy doesn't surprise me. If it was an option, there would be zero reason for Schalke to do this, considering the guy is an established player there.

But it's all worth nothing if the guy isn't technically good enough. Have to wait and see how his ball playing skills are, I'm sure without the ball he's great.

I have some hope, despite Il tedesco's input, of someone who follows the team and the league, which is important and a bad sign. Usually common sense of the team fans prevails, and this guy probably showed inconsistency/limitations playing ball.

Let's hope this guy is a hidden gem, which would make definitely a coup for Paratici. All in all, I like it. Kudos for not leaking it too.
Murican's always are.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Murican's always are.
He'll make it here if he only tries hard enough.

kenny.png
@Mark

- - - Updated - - -

Mckennie on the comparison with Sami Khedira in 2019: “It's not something that I'm frightened of, I don't pay a lot of attention to media or what people write or people say.” Mckennie was called as the American Khedira during his days at Schalke.

:touched:
Big honor for Mckennie.

Last edited:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Thats a critique that makes no sense, its called scouting, someone has to be the first to take a chance on a young player to show if they are ready for top level. The list of young lesser known players being signed with little fanfare and breaking out is long. We got Bentanctur from Boca, and he wasnt in anybody's radar. Vidal was just a mere 10m signing for a reason, wasnt seen as a big of a fuss at the time for a big club, even if Bayern wanted him (and was the standout midfielder in the league), it was still a signing seen as bit lowkey at the time.
The Bentancur-example isn't really the best in this case. Considering he was chased by Man United, RM and Meelan before we activated the clause and he came here.

It just doesn't make any sense to expect a player who was not standing out at 12th place Schalke will become a vital player at club aspiring to win the CL. Sure, there's a little chance we might have gold in our hands but my point is we are not in a position to make such gambles when our midfield has been woeful the past years and was outplayed by the likes of Lokomotiv Moscow, Lyon and Ajax.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)