Weston “Immovable” McKennie (51 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don't see the issue with having Mckennie out there, its his midfield partners the more technical players like Rabiot, Ramsey, Arthur who are letting us down. Bentancur is just awful most of the time

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yes, because I hated the transfer itself.
I said it last week after Inter - the kid is playing very well, he's useful and likable. But he was bought when we had the worst midfield since I can remember. It is still the worst midfield of the last decade. We bought an American kid from Schalke at the point where we had to buy at least two important starters in midfield. For some 3 years we're struggling badly due to our midfield, and when it seemed obvious that we're going nowhere without a big buy there, first we're buying Arthur, and then McKennie.
Surely you can agree that he is a sure starter in the current midfield though?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yes, because I hated the transfer itself.
I said it last week after Inter - the kid is playing very well, he's useful and likable. But he was bought when we had the worst midfield since I can remember. It is still the worst midfield of the last decade. We bought an American kid from Schalke at the point where we had to buy at least two important starters in midfield. For some 3 years we're struggling badly due to our midfield, and when it seemed obvious that we're going nowhere without a big buy there, first we're buying Arthur, and then McKennie.
Let your ego go. Kid has been a fantastic signing. Whoever found him did great job scouting him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually, with the type of player he is and the sort of performances he's putting in, I'd say that he could start in a three-midfield regardless of who's in the team since he's just that unique of a player these days.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Would like to take him out for dinner if I ever get the chance here in DFW

- - - Updated - - -

Really hope that his head remains screwed on the right way round

- - - Updated - - -

Call me a pessimist but I worry about Tici trying to make a quick buck by selling him to RM, Barca, BM, MU etc

Last edited:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Erm, he's the only midfielder that should start for Juve. Or the only one I wouldn't die to replace. Just look at Rabiot, Bentancur, Arthur and Ramsey. We're happy when they give an average performance.

Let your ego go. Kid has been a fantastic signing. Whoever found him did great job scouting him.
Fantastic is pushing it at this point. Let's just say that he's better than what we have.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Starting to really like McKennie, good mix of hardworking goal scoring midfielder. Got an excellent engine and runs all game long. Quite comfortably our best CM this season

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Call me a pessimist but I worry about Tici trying to make a quick buck by selling him to RM, Barca, BM, MU etc
Agnelli will have Tici flogged at Villar Perosa if tries something so foolish.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Agree mostly with this, although I think Arthur has been showing much better signs in his past 2-3 games. Worth persisting with him imo, there’s a very good starting quality midfielder there somewhere.

Bentancur, Rabiot and Ramsey (to a much lesser extent)I’ve just about given up on and would not be sad to see any of those three depart. Infact it would instantly improve this team.

Midfield has to be addressed once and for all this coming summer. No more stop-gap or freebie solutions. It’s been about 5 years since we had a world-class midfield. Way too long.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Agree mostly with this, although I think Arthur has been showing much better signs in his past 2-3 games. Worth persisting with him imo, there’s a very good starting quality midfield.

Bentancur, Rabiot and Ramsey (to a much lesser extent)I’ve just about given up on and would not be sad to see any of those three depart. Infact it would instantly improve this team.

Midfield has to be addressed once and for all this coming summer. No more stop-gap or freebie solutions. It’s been about 5 years since we had a world-class midfield. Way too long.
indeed. wonder what fabian's release clause is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)