Weston “Immovable” McKennie (58 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
This guy must be an inspiration to any chubby kid out there. If he made it, anyone can. Its unbelievable that hes proffessional athlete, playing for one of the greatest football teams.

Last edited:

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
This guy must be an inspiration to any chubby kid out there. If he made it, anyone can. Its unbelievable that hes proffessional athlete, playing for one of the greatest football teams.
He's not a great player and in the past, his fitness shouldve be questioned. Last season, I saw him gassed around the 50 minute mark struggling to get up and down the pitch. It was embarrassing and he could have been called out for it .

But I'll give him credit. He's in much better shape. Go rewatch in like the 87th or 88th minute when Milik misplaced the pass to Locatelli in the attacking end, which led to a dangerous counter attack the other way. Look at where McKennie was and the effort he put in to sprint back to his own box and put pressure on the man with the ball.

When you're not a super talented player, that's the kind of effort you love to see... and I give him a ton of credit for that

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
“I played it back at Schalke too, you could say I’m a Joker in the pack, I put the team first and don’t really care what role I’m playing. Obviously, I have a preferred role, but anything I can do to help the team, I’ll do it.”

“The things I’ve learned here are definitely tactical. Playing in Germany it was more back and forth, the same in England, lots of running, but here it is very tactical, all about the position. That is something I needed to improve in my game instead of running around like a headless chicken and doing things I could’ve done easier.”

:max:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

Boksic

May 11, 2005
They definitely look like more of a team and one that knows its limits. Sometimes knowing that you aren't the best footballing team can bring a squad together as they know that they need to make up for it in other ways e.g. defensive organisation and work rate. Allegri said in his post match interview that the team reacts better when things go against them, which has been a massive improvement on last season too.

McKennie made a good point about no longer being a headless chicken, it is the most obvious area of his game that has improved and was probably his biggest weakness. Just having him positioning himself properly makes a big difference, when you combine that with his willingness to work for the team it is miles ahead of his performances in his first spell here. His passing is still not good enough for a CM though and will need to improve if he wants to stay in that position in the long term.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
They definitely look like more of a team and one that knows its limits. Sometimes knowing that you aren't the best footballing team can bring a squad together as they know that they need to make up for it in other ways e.g. defensive organisation and work rate. Allegri said in his post match interview that the team reacts better when things go against them, which has been a massive improvement on last season too.

McKennie made a good point about no longer being a headless chicken, it is the most obvious area of his game that has improved and was probably his biggest weakness. Just having him positioning himself properly makes a big difference, when you combine that with his willingness to work for the team it is miles ahead of his performances in his first spell here. His passing is still not good enough for a CM though and will need to improve if he wants to stay in that position in the long term.
Spot on analysis as usual :tup:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
They definitely look like more of a team and one that knows its limits. Sometimes knowing that you aren't the best footballing team can bring a squad together as they know that they need to make up for it in other ways e.g. defensive organisation and work rate.
Idk man, not buying it. We have the most expensive squad in italy.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Idk man, not buying it. We have the most expensive squad in italy.
You can hear the goalposts moving already.
Since they can’t complain about the results, they complain about having an expensive squad.
Even if we win the treble, the response will be, ‘we should have won it sooner’ or ‘it’s just a fluke and will never happen again’. It’s pointless to argue with these world class mental gymnasts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)