Weston “Immovable” McKennie (55 Viewers)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Can see Weston not being Allegri’s cup of tea for some weird reason and expect him to be benched loads.
Allegri loves strong, hard working mids who get forward and score goals. But Vidal was like that and he didn't really care for him according to reports.

I guess it all depends on his head. If he's more Khedira than Vidal he will do great.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If he can be tactically sound he will play. Its not about work rate its about learning his position and not leaving gaps in the team
True, but he won't be tactically sound. He's too dumb for that. If he plays at all, it will be for non-sporting reasons. Agnelli clearly stated why do we keep the guy ("McKennie is an example with his attention regarding issues that are very much debated right now").
Allegri won't like that, but he'll have to play McKennie from time to time. Unfortunately for Bentancur and Rabiot, they don't enjoy the privilege to be a black American with "attention regarding issues that are very much debated".

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
If he can be tactically sound he will play. Its not about work rate its about learning his position and not leaving gaps in the team
If being key here, it relates to all of our players, not just Texas. We cannot know how tactically sound most of our players are simply because their last coach didn't even know how tactically sound he was, being a rookie and all.

Experienced coach and serial winner with lots of seasons behind his back would certainly know how to work with players like Wes and how to challenge him and make him improve his game, with Max those who disappointed or didn't perform at their top level last season can easily surprise and prove to be useful in the next campaign... Weston is a good candidate for that scenario...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just like bentancur
And Bernardski. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Allegri loves strong, hard working mids who get forward and score goals. But Vidal was like that and he didn't really care for him according to reports.

I guess it all depends on his head. If he's more Khedira than Vidal he will do great.
Allegri didn’t care for Vidal? :lol:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Can see Weston not being Allegri’s cup of tea for some weird reason and expect him to be benched loads.
Can also as easily be given the Matuidi role and excell at it. He is midfielder for 3 man midfields. Not 2 man. So it will be interesting to see how Allegri uses him in that, every team needs a tireless runner who can also join the attacks.

Jun 16, 2020
He needs some polishing but Max will use him. His runs, finishing and heading capabilities are very good. Tactically and passing need to improve, with the tactical part being one of Max’ best coaching abilities. I’d be surprised if Allegri won’t use him a lot, finally a midfielder with decent box to box characteristics in his squad.

Lets not forget that McKennie was utilized as a RM and occasionally as a LM by Pirlo. Not strange that he looked so lost on the pitch, same could he said for other guys like Kulu and Bentancur.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
The way I see it is that he managed to shine under pirlo in a midfield that had no idea what to do or how to play. Any form of organisation, instructions, and with hopefully the likes of locatelli and possibly one other newbie he could play a key role..whether it is starting or from the bench.

He has a lot of room for improvement, but now has a manager who he can develop under.

Shames me to say the above considering our last manager was one of if not the best Italian midfielder of all time.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Agree completely let's see what Max can do with him. So much energy and hustle! And maybe only a few exceptional plays made, but it showed his athletic upside that some players never will have.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Can also as easily be given the Matuidi role and excell at it. He is midfielder for 3 man midfields. Not 2 man. So it will be interesting to see how Allegri uses him in that, every team needs a tireless runner who can also join the attacks.
He is a versatile chess piece that works his ass off. Allegri will find a role for him.

Apr 19, 2007
True, but he won't be tactically sound. He's too dumb for that. If he plays at all, it will be for non-sporting reasons. Agnelli clearly stated why do we keep the guy ("McKennie is an example with his attention regarding issues that are very much debated right now").
Allegri won't like that, but he'll have to play McKennie from time to time. Unfortunately for Bentancur and Rabiot, they don't enjoy the privilege to be a black American with "attention regarding issues that are very much debated".
I agree. I think he has a lot to learn but i Ouldnt make a decision either way right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)