Weston “Immovable” McKennie (54 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Thought he had a good game. Definitely needs a bit of coaching but one of the few who looked capable of doing anything today.
I think he did OK, better than some others (though thats not too high of a standard), but i feel like often he doesent know what hes supposed to do. Whether thats solely on the coach or on him also, i need to see him under a real coach first to conclude

- - - Updated - - -

If Mckennie is dumb, what are half of the other players on the side?
Hes smarter than Athur

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think he did OK, better than some others (though thats not too high of a standard), but i feel like often he doesent know what hes supposed to do. Whether thats solely on the coach or on him also, i need to see him under a real coach first to conclude

- - - Updated - - -

Hes smarter than Athur
I agree, tactically/positionally he isn't there yet and that's why he can't play in the double pivot. But he is only 22 and in his first season here. There is no reason to doubt that he can't improve tactically.

I'd like to see him under a proper coach and on the side of a midfield 3 like what Allegri and Conte used.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I agree, tactically/positionally he isn't there yet and that's why he can't play in the double pivot. But he is only 22 and in his first season here. There is no reason to doubt that he can't improve tactically.

I'd like to see him under a proper coach and on the side of a midfield 3 like what Allegri and Conte used.
His best position is definitely b2b judging by his characteristics but we dont play that way yet. Its gonna take some big mercato buys and a proper coach for that

Jun 6, 2015
Yeah not a good game from him, his form has really taken a nosedive in recent months. He needs to make a massive improvement in his ball playing ability if he wants to be a starter here. Way too many misplaced passes today.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Squad player at best, will never be good enough to be a starter. If a good offer arrives in the summer, we should sell.
It depends on the level we are at and how he develops. If we get back to the level of scudetto winners and challenging for the CL then I agree he would not be a starter unless he develops hugely. But he is 22 and shown a lot of promise, so I think it is worth giving him time to see how he improves unless we got a crazy offer.

The issue for him is that he isn't really creative enough to be an AM and doesn't have the tactical/positional sense for being in a midfield two.

I'd really like to see him on the side of a flat midfield 3. A 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 with a competent coach would suit him and then it would be easier to judge him.

To be honest, we are all over the place so it is really hard to judge players too much this season other than what skills do they posses and can it be applied to their position e.g. McKennie has shown a good touch, energy, movement, tackle, goal scoring awareness but poor positioning, poor tactical knowledge. You can see the positives being useful for a box to box under the right coach, especially if he can improve tactically. On the other hand someone like Arthur has shown poor passing ability, a lack of vision, a lack of physical abilities, can't defend. It is hard to see him fitting in a midfield under any coach for where we'd want to be.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
was about to post the same, but i changed my mind. he was played out of position completely, he's not a wide midfielder, especially not on the left. as you said the other day, a 3-man midfield would suit him better. (and the same goes for most of our mids, but what do we know, we don't have a thesis.)
Yeah wide left is definitely the wrong position for him. But he couldn't even do the basics like pass or control. Their goal comes from him losing the ball then bringing the guy down outside the box with a challenge he was never going to win.

Disappointing because I thought he looked sharp v Atalanta.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
He’s a box to box CM. Pirlo just keeps proving he has no fucking clue what he’s doing and if anything, playing McKennie at left mid shows he’s the most flexible player that Pirlo can trust.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He’s a box to box CM. Pirlo just keeps proving he has no fucking clue what he’s doing and if anything, playing McKennie at left mid shows he’s the most flexible player that Pirlo can trust.
He put McK there because he runs. And apparently that's criteria enough for his current 442. Now if he put Arthur there I'd question what those fools were smoking when letting him pass with that thesis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)