Welcome to Manchester (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2003
Hello Juve

I presume you'll be taking over our town next week so i just thought i'd wish you all the best and make sure you all drink in the best United pubs.

If your boozing (drinking) near the ground then the main boozer is the Bishop Blaize, i'd get in their early to stop Milano taking it over.

If your in town check out the White Lion in Castlefield which is on Liverpool Road. If in the rare event its not raining there is a big beer garden where i'm sure you could have a big sing song.

I think if there are any of you without any tickets then they'll be showing the game on the big screen in Exchange Square and there is a quality old English boozer there called the Old Wellington.

If you get the chance, go in a Joseph Holt pub and try a pint of their bitter, it's a bit of an aquired taste but it's like rocket fuel. Try the Old Monkey on Portland Street.

Oh yeah, stay away from Canal Street but if you end up there don't bend over!!!

Manchester is Red

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
May 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    Cheers Paulo, beating arsehole fc was funny especially as they are still apparently the best club in England.

A bit gutted to see Nedved isn't playing, he's a class act. By the way didn't Patrick Swayze play him in Point Break!

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Manc is Red ] ++
    Cheers Paulo, beating arsehole fc was funny especially as they are still apparently the best club in England.
    is it only england now? they were the best team in europe earlier in the season, and played the most attractive football ever seen in the english game!

:D

OP
    May 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    While i'm here i better pick up a bit of essential info

How do you ask for a beer in italian, cos pointing and asking in english makes me look like a leeds fan.

tried ordering a beer in a bar in turin the other month and the barman brought me an orange juice! so i obviously need the help!

& to help with future trips, any tips are welcome on decent turin boozers.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Manc is Red ] ++
    Hello Juve

I presume you'll be taking over our town next week so i just thought i'd wish you all the best and make sure you all drink in the best United pubs.

If your boozing (drinking) near the ground then the main boozer is the Bishop Blaize, i'd get in their early to stop Milano taking it over.

If your in town check out the White Lion in Castlefield which is on Liverpool Road. If in the rare event its not raining there is a big beer garden where i'm sure you could have a big sing song.

I think if there are any of you without any tickets then they'll be showing the game on the big screen in Exchange Square and there is a quality old English boozer there called the Old Wellington.

If you get the chance, go in a Joseph Holt pub and try a pint of their bitter, it's a bit of an aquired taste but it's like rocket fuel. Try the Old Monkey on Portland Street.

Oh yeah, stay away from Canal Street but if you end up there don't bend over!!!

Manchester is Red
    You're the host!:) Hope we'll win it in your home :)
    Eventho ManU don't play in final, for ManU fans ManU still will be the best team in the world right? :D;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)