Welcome back Fiorentina! (2 Viewers)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
yeah good on them. They fought their way back to the top, if i was a fiorentina fan i would be very proud.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mikey-DelPiero ] ++
cool! that sucked when we cudn't see batistuta play anymore. i remember when he was top goalscorer etc and played really really well. those were the days
ye we winning the scudeto and losing cl in the finals good stuff

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I have a good friend who became a Fiorentina fan during the year it went bankrupt!

He is so damn happy now!

Pretty impressive return in just two years, isn't it?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
Pretty impressive return in just two years, isn't it?
Pretty suspicious you mean... going up what, 4 divisions in two seasons? :rolleyes:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
Do u kno what, if we got relegated and bankrupted, viola fans would be happy, and when we come back, i dont think they share the joy we have of the rivals returning.....
Oh they do.... have a look at some of the viola groups and the recent words of their chairman ( along the lines of... without juve there is no viola and without viola there is no juve)

the viola have lost the "most hated" team mantle to juve fans......Roma have it now!
Out of interest... how many games have you been to?
Viola will allways be juves biggest rival...
Roma are hated on the day of the match and in the press but otherwise arent really cared about on the curva.... whereas anti-viola banners are present at every juve match... anti-viola songs are sang at every single juve game

The atmosphere at a juve - roma match isnt close to that of a juve - viola match not to mention if we are the travelling fans....

The rivalry with viola is as fierce as it gets... romas jus a gentle warm up for the main event

Jul 28, 2002
well paul, i have been to Zero in italy and 1 in england, and shamefully i was in the utd stand (not as a fan).

From my eyes as a juve fan, i hate roma, but to me they have the mantle as they pose the greater threat than the viola....but i have a personall dislike for roma , so bias my be my arguement.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
well paul, i have been to Zero in italy and 1 in england, and shamefully i was in the utd stand (not as a fan).
No real shame in that... ive allways found fans at old trafford to be decent... dont like their team but have sat with them several times

From my eyes as a juve fan, i hate roma, but to me they have the mantle as they pose the greater threat than the viola....but i have a personall dislike for roma , so bias my be my arguement.
The thing with roma is a rivalry in a competitive sense ... eg as a team at a similar level.... whereas with viola it is a true rivalry born of natural hatred.

As such due to all the talk in the press and forums etc there is this perceived bitterest rivals tag but this isnt carried over to the terraces in the same way as the hatred for all things viola is....

Sep 28, 2002
gotta admit paul, fiorentina are bigest rivals only for guys in curva. i mean, does someone from say lithuania or canada who started following juve 3-4 years ago knows what all the hatred is about? only reading somewhere that la viola are rivals aint enough to start hating them with passion.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
gotta admit paul, fiorentina are bigest rivals only for guys in curva. i mean, does someone from say lithuania or canada who started following juve 3-4 years ago knows what all the hatred is about? only reading somewhere that la viola are rivals aint enough to start hating them with passion.

i agree just dont call me canadian

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
As much as i've disliked them over the years, its good to see them back - Its positive for Italian football.

The Juve - Fiorentina matches are going to be great. Im excited already :) Theres hardly a bigger rivalry in Italian footy.

They are being linked to some decent players and i think they will be pretty competitive this season and all the more tough when they meet Juve.

Can't wait :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)