We must win, says Capello (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Capello: Our only choice is victory
Sunday 12 September, 2004

Fabio Capello is under a lot of pressure to deliver at Juventus and he believes anything less than a win at Brescia will start the press sniping.

“We are forced to win all the time, because that’s what being at Juve means,” he commented ahead of today’s season opener. “It will be important to start on the right foot.”

The Bianconeri have struggled during the pre-season preparations, only coming out of their funk to conquer a Champions’ League spot in Djurgarden, but Capello has clear ideas about his ambitions.

“We need leaders who can guarantee concentration and focus, both on the pitch and off it. It is obvious that we will fight for every trophy this season.”

The club has come under attack for its transfer policy this year, releasing Marco Di Vaio, Enzo Maresca and Fabrizio Miccoli in order to sign Emerson and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“Ibrahimovic is not a new discovery for the football world. I saw him playing in Berlin a few years ago and he has improved in leaps and bounds since then. He also scored a goal against my Roma side.”

There is concern over how he can balance a side that has three such different strikers, but Capello cut short any theories about mixing partnerships.

“We have a long, hard season ahead of us with many matches to be played. There will be room for everyone.”

The experienced tactician has won more than any Italian Coach in the last decade, lifting League titles with Milan, Real Madrid and Roma. Who does he fancy to take the Scudetto this season?

“At the start I thought it would be a three-horse race between Milan, Inter and Juventus, but Roma also did well on the transfer market and will be competitive right the way through.”

“The surprises could be Fiorentina, Palermo, Sampdoria and Udinese, while the players to watch are Daniele De Rossi, Luca Toni and Obafemi Martins.”

channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This is a weekend for Juventus fans to celebrate, that's for sure. We gotta enjoy these whenever we can get them! :party:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The truth I liked the result but I didn`t think we were strong enough but it is just the 1st game of the season it is pretty obvious that we will improve

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    He demanded a win, he got a win. Next up: Ajax in Amsterdam. :cool:

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Len ] ++
    We are awesome.....

They are awesome....we are just a bunch of supporters that had been whining and moaning all the pre-season, complaining about the market transfer and bashing our own players...isnt it??????....:D

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Len ] ++
    We are awesome.....
    THEY ARE AWESOME...we are just a bunch of pricky supporters that spend whineing and moaning the whole pre-season, complaining about our transfer market and bashing our own players...isnt it?????....:D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

THEY ARE AWESOME...we are just a bunch of pricky supporters that spend whineing and moaning the whole pre-season, complaining about our transfer market and bashing our own players...isnt it?????....:D
    Supporters like us, we don't really know the real value of juve , so we should stop moaning :D

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
    I think that Capello is up to win everything. And I mean CL and Scudetto.

An I think he may just get it for us.

xziz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)