WCQ: Italy vs. Scotland, Belarus (34 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso ] ++

why u so dramatic relax man imo Italy was better than scotland .. the scots were lucky not to lose.. if Gila was there instead of Vieri Italy would have won easly.

and why u reffer to italy as we? youre from the states right?

no...

I couldnt possibly be Italian, because I live in the states......:confused:

Vinnie? Not act dramatically? Do you even know the man?
If you are an Azzurri fan who saw the game, you would feel the same way !!

Kinda like you do about Juve (I've seen your posts after bad games !!)

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso ] ++
If Scotland played Bahrain who u think would win?
:LOL:

Scotland by a thousand miles.. I mean come on, Bahrain couldn't even manage a draw against uzbekistan yesterday.. :groan:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++

But you're right, Vieri's right foot is absolutely awful for such a top level striker. So bad its embarassing..
Kinda reminded me of Del Piero's

Btw, Toni should've started no mattter what, whether its with Gila or Vieri, I really do think Toni should be the big guy Italy plays, he is very very good.

If I were Lippi (or Capello for that matter), I would play Zambo as attacking winger seeing that he always manages to do something when he's up there.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

no...

I couldnt possibly be Italian, because I live in the states......:confused:

If you are an Azzurri fan who saw the game, you would feel the same way !!

Kinda like you do about Juve (I've seen your posts after bad games !!)

Yeah, mate, I know. I'm just messing with you ;)

Tifoso_old

Aug 12, 2005
Azzurri: Toni hat-trick in test Sunday 4 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luca Toni took centre stage as Italy beat the Motherwell youth team 7-1 in tonight’s friendly test and could earn a starting spot in Belarus.

Marcello Lippi fielded a 4-4-2 system with the players who did not take part in all 90 minutes of Saturday’s 1-1 draw in Scotland.

Alessandro Del Piero was placed out wide on the right side of midfield, supporting Toni and Alberto Gilardino.

Fiorentina hitman Toni was the star of the show with a hat-trick, while Cagliari winger Mauro Esposito and Gilardino netted a brace each. Del Piero completed the scoreline from the penalty spot, while 17-year-old Gormley was on target for Motherwell.

It’s possible that this system will be used for Wednesday’s trip to Belarus, although Francesco Totti would most likely feature upfront.

“We can now feel Norway breathing down our necks and must win in Belarus,” noted Fabio Grosso, who scored the equaliser against Scotland.

It will be a decisive encounter, as Norway’s 3-2 victory over Slovenia has cut Italy’s lead at the top of Group Five to just two points.

“I don’t know if I’ll play on Wednesday, as Lippi hasn’t told us anything yet,” added Del Piero. “I can assure you that I’ve always felt happy in the Italy squad, even when I didn’t play, so any decision will be accepted without problems. Nonetheless, I hope my time has come.”

Italy: De Sanctis; Mesto, Materazzi, Barzagli, Grosso; Esposito, Barone, Camoranesi, Del Piero; Gilardino, Toni

you can say everything about Del Piero but u gotta admite that he is a great pro

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++
they let a goal in against motherwell's youth team? :undecide:
thats because MaterrazCRAP was playing..

(they didnt add to the story that after Gormley(the Motherwell player) scored, Materazzi ran over and blindsided him, breaking his right leg)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I hope Toni gets to start on Wednesday. If Lippi wants to go with a 4-4-2 I think he should play:

Peruzzi
Bonera - Nesta - Cannavaro - Grosso
Camoranesi - Gattuso - Pirlo - Esposito/Del Piero
Gilardino - Toni

Otherwise just drop Esposito/DP for Totti and let him play behind the front two.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I hope Toni gets to start on Wednesday. If Lippi wants to go with a 4-4-2 I think he should play:

Peruzzi
Bonera - Nesta - Cannavaro - Grosso
Camoranesi - Gattuso - Pirlo - Esposito/Del Piero
Gilardino - Toni

Otherwise just drop Esposito/DP for Totti and let him play behind the front two.
I think he will play Totti in the front line along side either Gilardino or Toni. And I think Del Piero will play on the left as he played against Motherwell.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

I think he will play Totti in the front line along side either Gilardino or Toni. And I think Del Piero will play on the left as he played against Motherwell.
Yeah, I don't see him dropping Totti.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Apparently from today's training session it seems that Totti will play behind Toni-Gilardino, but knowing Lippi he might change everything before kick-off time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)