WCQ: Italy vs. Scotland, Belarus (40 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Rami ] ++

My voice is with Jeeks on this...y should a player be called for international duty when he cant guarantee a spot in the starting 11 in his own team?
How can you say that? He is Juventus' symbol, it is even better than being in the starting 11.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++
I think if Del Piero wants to play for Juventus, he should concentrate only on Juventus, and retire from international play. It did wonders for Maldini's career, maybe it can do the same for Del Piero.
And maybe later on when the wonder starts growing, he would retire from Juventus as well.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++
I think if Del Piero wants to play for Juventus, he should concentrate only on Juventus, and retire from international play. It did wonders for Maldini's career, maybe it can do the same for Del Piero.
It won't do shit for his career if Capello doesn't give him a chance.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso ] ++
look i agree with you on the Del Piero isue but why the hell u keep talking about it . its annoying
You can look at my signature and know why.

BTW, you have been reported for your politeness.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

How can you say that? He is Juventus' symbol, it is even better than being in the starting 11.
I dont know if you were sarcastic or not...but yeah he is a symbol...but still that doesnt mean we should idolize him and give him more than he deserves given is output on the field

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

It won't do shit for his career if Capello doesn't give him a chance.
The season is too long and it has not even started, there will be many chances ahead. We need players for Coppa Italia actually.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Italy lack self confidence, lack teamplay, lack FVCKING BALLS!
They lack a lot, but its so strange when they have so skilled players....

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
What a waste ...
Worst game ive ever seen by Italy.. What are they trying to prove ?
And Why does lippi keep Vieri in the first 11, he's too old for christ's sake..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Italy lack self confidence, lack teamplay, lack FVCKING BALLS!
They lack a lot, but its so strange when they have so skilled players....
I blame Lippi for not including Del Piero.

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
FT 1-1

I won't give ratings, but comments on the italy squad..

Peruzzi - Didn't have to do much, except for the goal he conceded, but it was not his fault.
Zaccardo - Worst player on the pitch. Gave away too many balls, and was his fault that the goal was scored.
Cannavaro & Nesta - Both seemed a little shaky tonight, and allowed miller to dribble around them too many times for my liking.
Zambrotta - Made some good runs, and a few good crosses, but other than that, nothing special.
Gattuso - If it wasn't for him, there would have been more than a goal for Scotland.. Great runs back to help the defence.
De Rossi - Below-Average
Pirlo - Made a few good passes here and there, and produced a wonderful cross that should've handed italy a goal, if it wasn't for zaccardo and his bad positioning.
Totti- Again good passes here and there, but produced nothing "Totti-like" other than one wonderful dive and an elbow to face..
Iaquinta - Was invisible most of the time, and his passes rarely hit home.
Vieri - Had great first touches, but awful finishing. He missed a sitter in front of the goal by blasting it over the bar.
Subs:
Grosso- Gave Italy the defensive stability that zaccardo couldn't, and made a few good crosses. Plus, he scored the goal.. :D
Luca Toni - Much better than Iaquinta.. Moved around a lot, and won many headers.
Camoranesi - His form today and the ponytail makes me think I'm seeing Il Codino again.. OK, maybe that's an overexaggeration, but he gave italy a much needed spark in midfield.. Dribbled around countless players, made dangerous crosses, and had a great understanding with zambrotta and totti. He also provided the assist through the corner. Italy's MVP this night.

All in all, a worrisome game for Italy.. I just hope Lippi realizes next time to not leave Camo out of the first XI..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)