WC2010 Pictures (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Even though I think Diego is overall better than Zizou, stating the opposite is absorbable. They're both geniuses of the game.

However, saying Pele is better than Diego is just laughable. I don't even believe Pele ranks in top 10.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Is everyone ready for the list of players that douche at work gave me that are better than Zidane?

* Pelé
* Maradonna
* Messi
* Marco van Basten
* Lothar Matteus
* Johnann Cruyff
* Franz Beckenbauer
* Alfredo Di Stéfano
* Garrincha
* Omar Sivori
* Ferenc Puskas
* Gordon Banks

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Is everyone ready for the list of players that douche at work gave me that are better than Zidane?

* Pelé
* Maradonna
* Messi
* Marco van Basten
* Lothar Matteus
* Johnann Cruyff
* Franz Beckenbauer
* Alfredo Di Stéfano
* Garrincha
* Omar Sivori
* Ferenc Puskas
* Gordon Banks
So that guy must be at least 70 to have seen Di Stefano at his best?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I assume you quoted before I added Pele in my edit?

Anyway, my point is that the opinion of people who did not see these players in their prime counts for very little.

I know that Maradona, Pele, Cruyff and Beckenbauer were great, but I haven't seen them enough to comment on how they match up to modern greats like Zidane or Ronaldo.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
How many people in this debate saw Maradona and Pele in their prime?

Anyway, my point is that the opinion of people who did not see these players in their prime counts for very little.

I know that Maradona, Pele, Cruyff and Beckenbauer were great, but I haven't seen them enough to comment on how they match up to modern greats like Zidane or Ronaldo.
:tup:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

No I did not see your edited post, I guess that leaves Pele out of discussion from my side and I will still stand by point that Zidane is greater than Maradona and that Messi is no where to be compared to those two.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm in no position to disagree with you, because I didn't see enough of Maradona to comment properly.

Messi can become as great, or greater, than Zidane, but he certainly isn't at that level yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)