WC2006 tickets (2 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Whats the best website (most reliable) for purchasing tickets for the world cup 2006.
I will have a vacation early July and my friends and I are thinking about attending the final or the semi final match. Any help would be highly appreciated.. Thanks.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Only the official FIFA website. There's been two rounds of ticket sales already. Third round is December 2nd or something like that.

OP
ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    Can you please tell me how this system work?
    So I can't buy any ticket now till Decemeber? Or can I place an order now? What things should I look after and look for? What things I should keep an eye on?
    This is my first time to by a ticket online so any help would be highly appreciated.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Well, here is the resource for you:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/tickets/index.html

Their whole system is complicated. In the first round people were buying tickets for games without knowing who is playing. In the second round people were given a chance to buy ALL tickets for a given team- but Italy, Spain, USA, Sweeden, England and other good teams were already "sold out"- nobody knows how that is possible. Third round is coming up in December and people will know who is playing when, how and why. So it is expected that there will be tens of millions of people in the lottery. My advise- when tickets go on sale, be online on that day exactly at 12:00 p.m. CET time, but be ready for problems- there are some 9,000 hits per second on their website.

To answer your questions:

- no, you can't buy any tickets between now and december
    - no, you cannot place an order
    - you should look for the day when tickets go on sale again in round 3
    - hope that you will be a lucky one :) (that's what I'm doing)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    I wish I could go see the final and semi finals of that tournament. but I will end up sitting in my sofa, record it on DVD and drink cold beer and chips :p

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
    I wish I could go see the final and semi finals of that tournament. but I will end up sitting in my sofa, record it on DVD and drink cold beer and chips :p
    ...And probably saving yourself about 1000 Euros you could otherwise spend on beer in the process. :D

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++

get a few buddies there and thats just as good

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

get a few buddies there and thats just as good
    I really liked the TV commercials Coke did for WC 2002 on Spanish TV here. They showed people waking up with their sixers of Coke at the ungodly hour of 3am to go meet over at a friend's place to watch the game together. (Being in Korea/Japan, the timing was good for Graham, but it was brutal for anyone just east of the international date line.)

For the WC 2002 final, I headed over to a friend's house for the 3am-ish kickoff. So upon arrival at his place, he offered, "Beer .... or coffee?"

It was not an easy, or obvious, thing to answer at that hour.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

I really liked the TV commercials Coke did for WC 2002 on Spanish TV here. They showed people waking up with their sixers of Coke at the ungodly hour of 3am to go meet over at a friend's place to watch the game together. (Being in Korea/Japan, the timing was good for Graham, but it was brutal for anyone just east of the international date line.)

For the WC 2002 final, I headed over to a friend's house for the 3am-ish kickoff. So upon arrival at his place, he offered, "Beer .... or coffee?"

oh god i remember those hours. the final was on my birthday, so i had my entire team over to come watch it :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    (Being in Korea/Japan, the timing was good for Graham, but it was brutal for anyone just east of the international date line.)
    Hey now, that was my one good break out of what, every other international and club tournament :(
    Hehe! I watched it in the living room with my parents :undecide:
    :LOL: classic

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Oh Christ I barely got any sleep that summer. A couple nights I didn't get any sleep at all because I just watched matches all night.

And it sucked because if it was any other time of day I would have gone completely crazy when my team beat Portugal and Mexico. But since it was soo early and I was completely exhausted, I didn't seem to care as much at the time of the match. :down:

At least in 2006 it will be much better.

OP
    ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Yes
    Was that online?
    How did you do it (details would be great)? What are the tricky things I should look for while doing it?

I know that in the site it gives an idea, but I'd rather have it from a personal experience.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    My dads friend is a filthy rich sod who lives in England, even has a helicopter landing pad 100 yards from his house just to show you how rich im talking about. Anyways his company is based in Frankfurt as most of us should know is in Germany. Anyways he said to my 'old man' (dad) that if i ever wanted to watch any of the WC matches next year just simply contact him. So in not so many words. .........Eh, I'm well sorted! Who knows by that time i could sort out a few of you guys in the forum, if you become desperate that is!?

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
    Ok you are a bad example :D anyone else?
    Yeah but im offering a help in hand mind you, so im not gonna be too selfish am i, apart from sorting myself out first. :D:D:D......and another :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)