[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (37 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Oh I get it. Some insults are fine.

Okay.

Let's not continue this argument, because you keep moving the goalposts. Good for you dude :tup: much internal consistency.
the post below is what you quoted, it's a few weeks old. if you don't get that some insults imo are okay and some are not from that post, then I can't help you

Maybe it was part of the game 20 years ago yeah, but surely not today when every little insult is treated as teritorial racism, skin color racism and the whole footie world has been promoting respect for the last 2 decades. Not to mention that its also in the rulebook.

Dont get me wrong, winding up is still part of the game, just not using the old "your mother is a whore and your sister makes love to donkeys" technique, that should be the past

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I understand that you are saying this. It makes no sense. Some crimes are okay, but some are not. Gotcha. That's the level you're at it seems.
basically yeah, saying to a player "you look like a toad" is okay, saying "you're a disgusting black monkey" is not okay, makes perfect sense for me.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
basically yeah, saying to a player "you look like a toad" is okay, saying "you're a disgusting black monkey" is not okay, makes perfect sense for me.
Smh.

How on Earth would you apply that rule and how could you possibly decide where to draw the line? I'm sorry, but this is the most ridiculous opinion I've heard in a very long time.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Smh.

How on Earth would you apply that rule and how could you possibly decide where to draw the line? I'm sorry, but this is the most ridiculous opinion I've heard in a very long time.
It's what is happening in footie right now lol and you present it as unimaginable :lol: Daily banter goes unnoticed and no one cares, but as soon as someone crosses the line, f.e. Suarez and Evra or Materazzi and Zidane, they risk being banned. The line is already drawn and it's done by common sense, something you obviously lack.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Really though it's clearly a 50/50 call. Half the forum thinks it's a penalty, half the forum thinks it's not. The only thing that is clear here is that VAR should not have interfered and the original call (or lack thereof) should have stood.
i'm in the "no penalty" camp. it was unintentional, perisic couldn't move his hands even if someone told him the ball would arrive. it was 100% accidental. i would only give these penalties in case it's in juve's favor á lá de sciglio in the 90+ minute last year, and i'd always be happy to watch donnarumma cry after he conceded. otherwise, these are hardly intentional, so no penalty for me. players can't always chop their hands before corners or crosses.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's what is happening in footie right now lol and you present it as unimaginable :lol: Daily banter goes unnoticed and no one cares, but as soon as someone crosses the line, f.e. Suarez and Evra or Materazzi and Zidane, they risk being banned. The line is already drawn and it's done by common sense, something you obviously lack.
You clearly don't know the definition of banter: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/banter

An insult is an insult and is punishable. You're saying that some offences should be punished and others should not. What the fuck kind of reasoning is that? Either the rules are broken or they are not. There is no inbetween.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
You clearly don't know the definition of banter: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/banter

An insult is an insult and is punishable. You're saying that some offences should be punished and others should not. What the fuck kind of reasoning is that? Either the rules are broken or they are not. There is no inbetween.
that's the way it already is lol, some insults no one cares about and some can get you banned for months.

I thought this forum was for footie fans not haters, what are you doing here Seven?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Yes. No one minds when the ref calls certain fouls but allows others to go on. You're right. No one cares. Okay.
we're talking about insults not fouls in general. almost no one cares that players are not punished for saying merda and are sent off/banned later on for other insults. obviously you care, because what the fuck kind of reasoning is this? :cry:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
we're talking about insults not fouls in general. almost no one cares that players are not punished for saying merda and are sent off/banned later on for other insults. obviously you care, because it's not consistent and what the fuck kind of reasoning is this? :cry:
Okay. Got it. Some crimes are okay and others are not. Gotcha.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Neymar has to be a joke.. Not only did he fail to have an impact, he even made himself look ridiculous. It is also a mystery to me how the goalkeeper who wins the best goalkeeper award is not in the team of the tournament.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
I think it is. But these "Team Of The Tournament" lineups by FIFA and UEFA are usually a joke
That's not official. Why?

1. FIFA didn't even publish a Team of the Tournament in 2014, and there's no indication they will this time.
2. Lloris in goal. He didn't win the OFFICIAL Golden Glove.
3. It's not on the FIFA website.
4. No other reputable website or Twitter accounts (e.g. club teams, major international broadcasters etc) have reported on this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)