[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (95 Viewers)

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Keane are so right about this, but english arrogance gonna stay.

This is also another reason why its so hard for none english fans to actually like them

A shame when there are nice english fans, but the majority seems so $#@!ing arrogant and deluded :inter:
Getting fed up of all this hate, man.

There's a massive difference between delusion and arrogance, and just enjoying the moment. Fucks sake.

P.S. Go France!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You can't support France dude

That's way too hypocritical :D.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
As an Arsenal fan?
I was more nervous before England tbh. Or before Juve-Barcelona.

I feel like before Juve-Real in 2017 and we know how that ended :scared:
I expect France to win, but to be fair i think this Croatia side is without doubt a better and more impressive team than Portugal 2016. Its a one off game, and anything can happen.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
As an Arsenal fan?

I expect France to win, but to be fair i think this Croatia side is without doubt a better and more impressive team than Portugal 2016. Its a one off game, and anything can happen.
Because they run so counter to what you like in football. Not trying to be arrogant here, but the logical choice for you would have been Belgium.

I bet a counter attack like the one we did yesterday is something you find more appealing than everything France have done this tournament.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

There's a massive difference between delusion and arrogance, and just enjoying the moment. Fucks sake.

P.S. Go France!
Some of it is tongue in cheek too. Especially the it's coming home part. But I think not everyone gets this.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

P.S. Go France!
Can't wait until Southgate's project to go sideways, group stage exit in EuroCup and World Cup :xfinger:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not happening. Euro's are at Wembley :)

God knows what'll happen to anyone and everyone at the World Cup. In Qatar. In mid-season!!?
Yeah, you're going to crash out in the group stage, mate. Nothing personal, but you won't get so lucky two times in a row. Your one saving grace was Harry Kane and honestly he turned out a total fraud this tournament...

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Not happening. Euro's are at Wembley :)

God knows what'll happen to anyone and everyone at the World Cup. In Qatar. In mid-season!!?
Good God!! Would make your early exit that much more delicious!!

Yeah, you're going to crash out in the group stage, mate. Nothing personal, but you won't get so lucky two times in a row. Your one saving grace was Harry Kane and honestly he turned out a total fraud this tournament...

Shittiest Golden Boot recipient I've ever seen in my life.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Don't forget the French also took credit for our fries, because their food sucks.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Because they run so counter to what you like in football. Not trying to be arrogant here, but the logical choice for you would have been Belgium.

I bet a counter attack like the one we did yesterday is something you find more appealing than everything France have done this tournament.

You are not wrong. If it were up to me France would play more like Belgium, i derive more pleasure from winning with an offensive and attractive style of play than the way france wins games. But supporting a team in football usually is an emotional non rational impulse than a logical calculated decision. Would i stop supporting arsenal tomorrow if we played like united currently do? Of course not, but i would prefer it much more if they won playing an attractive style of play.

Also, i do think Belgium has been the most attractive team to watch in this WC.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You are not wrong. If it were up to me France would play more like Belgium, i derive more pleasure from winning with an offensive and attractive style of play than the way france wins games. But supporting a team in football usually is an emotional non rational impulse than a logical calculated decision. Would i stop supporting arsenal tomorrow if we played like united currently do? Of course not, but i would prefer it much more if they won playing an attractive style of play.

Also, i do think Belgium has been the most attractive team to watch in this WC.
Yeah, if it's an emotional decision I hear you, man. Nothing wrong with that!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
@Badass Dybala

You have a prediction to make in this thread. France will win, right?
Sorry I was out at a retro video gaming market most of today...

well I had my money on it, the VAR penalty really fucked you over unfortunately, Great effort from Croatia... proper chuffed when Mandzukic scored from lloris' fuck up :D and they say he's the best keeper with his feet :lol:

Take consolation that it'll be France and not you going out in the group stages in 2022 :D

- - - Updated - - -

ßöмßäяðîëя;5802240 said:
It was Belgian chip-fries?

Those Chinese bastards.
All the belgian's did was add mayo to the chips didn't they?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sorry I was out at a retro video gaming market most of today...

well I had my money on it, the VAR penalty really fucked you over unfortunately, Great effort from Croatia... proper chuffed when Mandzukic scored from lloris' fuck up :D and they say he's the best keeper with his feet

Take consolation that it'll be France and not you going out in the group stages in 2022 :D

- - - Updated - - -

All the belgian's did was add mayo to the chips didn't they?
No :). Read up on your history man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)