[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (48 Viewers)

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
You end up risking everything on sheer luck. That's why Zidane and Madrid didn't play that way and won the CL thrice.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
To be fair, Madrid cannot play like this.It's not in their clubs Dna.Even Mourinho could not force his negative tactics in the end.

But as for France, just looking their roster you would expect them to take the initiative at least.

Maybe this is just me though, having high expectations from a tournament that is getting worse in pure footballing terms by the years. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
To be fair, Madrid cannot play like this.It's not in their clubs Dna.Even Mourinho could not force his negative tactics in the end.

But as for France, just looking their roster you would expect them to take the initiative at least.

Maybe this is just me though, having high expectations from a tournament that is getting worse in pure footballing terms by the years. :D
Statistics wise the French way is not the smart way. The more attacking team usually wins games. And we know this deep down, because otherwise Uruguay would be a contender every World Cup and they're not.

Looking at their games this World Cup you get the feeling their luck is about to run out. It's a carbon copy of what happened two years ago.

France still might win it tonight, but that won't mean any of this was 'smart'. It's just sheer cowardice really.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Kind of funny how opposed to negative, boring, cynical football this Juventus forum is when it comes to International Football.

Not saying that we always play in the manner but are certainly not opposed to it when it benefits us.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Kind of funny how opposed to negative, boring, cynical football this Juventus forum is when it comes to International Football.
Allegri is a very tactically flexible coach. We often have very exciting games.

Fwiw I think the worst Juve side was Capello's.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
The more attacking team usually wins games. And we know this deep down, because otherwise Uruguay would be a contender every World Cup and they're not.
I disagree with this.Teams that know how to defend are nice to watch, and have the same chances to win a competiton imo.But there is a difference between playing smart defensive football, and playing a la Greece 2004 especially when you have the best roster in the world cup.

- - - Updated - - -

Not saying that we always play in the manner but are certainly not opposed to it when it benefits us.
Dude we are not a negative team.Capello's Juve was playing negative football.And Capello has not many fans here...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Allegri is a very tactically flexible coach. We often have very exciting games.

Fwiw I think the worst Juve side was Capello's.

I agree but we often put in cynical performances againsr very inferior opposition and grind out wins the domestic league. It works but it isnt very entertaining

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I disagree with this.Teams that know how to defend are nice to watch, and have the same chances to win a competiton imo.But there is a difference between playing smart defensive football, and playing a la Greece 2004 especially when you have the best roster in the world cup.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude we are not a negative team.Capello's Juve was playing negative football.And Capello has not many fans here...
France isnt playing ala Greece 2004, just look at the stats, they produce way more in attack. No one would be calling Giroud a bad striker if he wasnt getting service

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
France isnt playing ala Greece 2004, just look at the stats, they produce way more in attack. No one would be calling Giroud a bad striker if he wasnt getting service
They produce way more in attack because they have much more individual talent.Thay can produce chances all the time with the players they have but they sit back and play very conservative football.Good for them and for their fans of course, not for the non-france supporter who just wants to watch a squad full of stars playing nice football

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
There will be few unknowns between the two teams today. Way too many "spies" in France and Croatia to help their coaches.
Varane knows Modric and Kovacic, and they know him well. Mandzukic knows Pogba and Matuidi and vice versa. Umtiti and Dembele play with Rakitic. Vrsaljko plays with Griezmann and Hernandez. Subasic played/plays with Mbappe, Lemar and Sidibe in Monaco. Kramaric and Kante were both in Leicester's winning team in 2015/16. Lloris and Lovren were playing for 2 seasons together in Lyon.
These players know everything about each other and there won't be surprises.

2:0 for France

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

It's not about agreeing or disagreeing. More attacking sides have won the World Cup more. The CL too. It's just a fact.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There will be few unknowns between the two teams today. Way too many "spies" in France and Croatia to help their coaches.
Varane knows Modric and Kovacic, and they know him well. Mandzukic knows Pogba and Matuidi and vice versa. Umtiti and Dembele play with Rakitic. Vrsaljko plays with Griezmann and Hernandez. Subasic played/plays with Mbappe, Lemar and Sidibe in Monaco. Kramaric and Kante were both in Leicester's winning team in 2015/16. Lloris and Lovren were playing for 2 seasons together in Lyon.
These players know everything about each other and there won't be surprises.

2:0 for France
If France show up and change their game plan, it could well end up 4-0 imo. Nothing at all looks to be pointing towards a Croatia win.

But, I have no idea why, I feel like Croatia are going to win it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That's to be expected when a smaller team reaches the final imo. They have to play organized, defend as if their lives depend on it, waste time, disrupt the flow of the game.. it's usually very difficult for the bigger team to break through, especially when it's a World Cup final. But it's only normal that France, with their lack of talent, retreat to their own box.

Man it seems I'm gonna have to call your closest emergency clinic if France win today.

Hang in there buddy.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)