[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (97 Viewers)

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Short time ago I would've said no way but if Poland :):lol3::) could top a group how hard can it be?
I think they'd do alright. Mightn't necessarily qualify for every World Cup but they'd be playing on the same quality of pitch you get in the US, and at (mostly) decent stadia with experienced referees. Exposure to some stronger opposition - the top team in the qualifying group - and could do their development no end of good. Travel might be an issue?

Probs never happen, but money talks.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I think they'd do alright. Mightn't necessarily qualify for every World Cup but they'd be playing on the same quality of pitch you get in the US, and at (mostly) decent stadia with experienced referees. Exposure to some stronger opposition - the top team in the qualifying group - and could do their development no end of good. Travel might be an issue?

Probs never happen, but money talks.
Columbia-England was refereed by a US referee (apparently the best in MLS :lol: ), from refereeing point of view that was the worst game of this WC so far, guy completely lost control of the game in the first 30 minutes. If this is the best ref in US, they definitely belong with the likes of Panama

- - - Updated - - -

I think they must have decided to overlook those issues.

Do you get also this shit in CONCACAF? Not the petitions, the dirty tricks and all that stuff.
pls, columbians got riled up and reacted with head butt, abusing the helpless referee, but england was the one doing most of the dirty tricks, the way they handled Falcao f.e. was as dirty as anything in football. if that was a little bitch like Neymar instead of Falcao, he'd have spent half the game lying down trying to milk a card

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I will boycott Mundial games as long as England is in, i m not watching it, but i m glad that finally Belgium and Croatia are showing their true value!

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
@Xperd @lgorTudor got banned, so I'll take his task to inform you: World cup obviously is still running, tuz doesn't care. We just care about CR7 and whether he joins Juventus or not.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
@Xperd @lgorTudor got banned, so I'll take his task to inform you: World cup obviously is still running, tuz doesn't care. We just care about CR7 and whether he joins Juventus or not.
That's nice and I hope he joins you. Having the best player in the World in your squad just has to make a difference, and would love to see our boys test themselves against Juve in the CL again next year. I'll keep my fingers crossed the transfer happens. Juve far more likeable than Madrid anyway.

But, maybe you don't speak for every user of this site, in terms of whether anyone cares about the WC. Clearly some do, and it is possible to care about more than one thing at once :smile:

Edited:

Bet the announcement is made never, and not at all on a non WC day to maximise the media focus. Definitely not happening.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
That's nice and I hope he joins you. Having the best player in the World in your squad just has to make a difference, and would love to see our boys test themselves against Juve in the CL again next year. I'll keep my fingers crossed the transfer happens. Juve far more likeable than Madrid anyway.

But, maybe you don't speak for every user of this site, in terms of whether anyone cares about the WC. Clearly some do, and it is possible to care about more than one thing at once :smile:

Edited:

Bet the announcement is made never, and not at all on a non WC day to maximise the media focus. Definitely not happening,
Hope England crash out. And Kane is announced to Madrid this Sunday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)