[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (50 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I suppose you could call Guivarc'h such a player, but he had a specific job to do. The rest of the squad was certainly no joke.

- - - Updated - - -

It's odd though, when Germany won the World Cup in 2014 it was all about the investment they had done years before in youth football, how it was something that here in England had to be copied. We have copied it, had a massive amount of success at youth international level over the past 2-3 years, now the national team has a more positive spin and belief. But for Germany all of a sudden this doesn't ring true, like they don't have excellent experienced players and young talents like Werner, Sané (lol), Kimmich, Süle and Brandt, or a host of others 25 and under. It's not just down to having talents, mentality and desire mean a lot and when a team arrives at this point they can win big things.
Not only Guivarch, their entire attack was average. Henry and Trezeguet (both were subs?) had the potential to be great but they were both raw and wasteful at that time, the other forward they had was Dugarry. I don't think any of their forwards scored past the group stage and the whole team was certainly not dominant in any of those games except the final.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Why?

Don't they have to win to avoid Colombia or am I missing something?
they want to avoid a potential meet with brazil in the quarters, whilst they could meet someone like switzerland instead

- - - Updated - - -

england already playing like they dont give a shit, I'd be putting money on u2.5 goals possibly u1.5 goals for better value

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)