[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (47 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
2002 France out at the group stage
2006 Brazil reach the quarterfinals
2010 Italy out at the group stage
2014 Spain out at the group stage
2018 Germany out at the group stage

Odd one, but a little to do with a big target on your back and also experienced players retiring or being too old, perhaps.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,767

Odd one, but a little to do with a big target on your back and also experienced players retiring or being too old, perhaps.
    1998: France win World Cup
    2002: France out in group stage
    2006: Italy win World Cup
    2010: Italy out in group stage
    2010: Spain win World Cup
    2014: Spain out in group stage
    2014: Germany win World Cup
    2018: Germans out

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007

Yup.
    Except maybe France in 2002. That team (at least on paper) was great enough to win it again, or at least make the semis.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I wonder who's gonna make the surprise in the knockouts. No outcome will be surprising in Portugal-Uruguay, France-Argentina, Sweden-Switzerland and (in case Colombia makes it) in Colombia-England/Belgium. This leaves us with 4 matches where an upset can happen.
    Russia-Spain, Denmark-Croatia, Mexico-Brasil and Senegal/Japan-ENG/BEL.

I don't see Senegal or Japan beating ENG/BEL. I also believe that Brasil will find a way to get past Mexico. This leaves the Europeans. Russia because they are hosts and Denmark because Croatia are Balkan.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Italy under ventura would have been the shittiest of them all
    Yep, would have been an even bigger embarrassment than any other team at this World Cup if they made it. Best thing for them staying at home this time around.

Oh and lols at Ventura and Italy indirectly fucking Germany by sending the Swedes to the World Cup ::lol3:: Good work in the end.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011

Italy would've went to the next round had either of Quagliarella's goals not been disallowed :stuckup:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I've seen two "first time" winners in my lifetime - France in 1998 and Spain in 2010. Those teams were really strong and heavy favorites, so it wasn't a surprise when they won it.
    This time I don't see such a team, so I can predict a previous winner winning this thing. Most probably not Uruguay or England, but it's gonna be one of Spain, France or Brasil. Argentina... very tough with that midfield and defense.
    Belgium and Croatia look strong, but not that strong, experienced and with tradition to keep form for 7 matches and win a WC. Sooner or later they will lose.
    Portugal? With Ronaldo and after winning a big cup like the EURO two years ago, you can't write them off.
    Nah, Spain, France or Brasil will win it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)