[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (54 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
That selection doesn't look too impressive.
really? they have serious quality in every position, the only place you could wish for more established players was defense, but even that is very good compared to most teams. I don't think there's a team out there that's better equipped to win the WC

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What choices are odd?
I'd never leave out Lacazette for example. But I think his reasoning is that Lacazette is similar to Griezmann and he won't play them together. Also surprised to see Mendy included tbh. He has played what, 5 games? And he's coming off an ACL injury.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Doesnt matter. They still looked stacked AF.

- - - Updated - - -

Lacazette realistically wouldnt start for France and they have terrific options coming off the bench.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
really? they have serious quality in every position, the only place you could wish for more established players was defense, but even that is very good compared to most teams. I don't think there's a team out there that's better equipped to win the WC
Spain and Brazil have super good squads too.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
no squad is impressive, multiplied by a shitty location the WC shapes up to be 2010 tier
dunno, Russia is a fun place to visit, the time zone is good for Europe and the weather shouldn't be a problem. hopefully no one gets stabbed in a byob fight and the corruption scandals are limited, but if Italy was there I'd actually be looking forward to this, Sweden making it to the WC was a big loss for this tournament

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
dunno, Russia is a fun place to visit, the time zone is good for Europe and the weather shouldn't be a problem. hopefully no one gets stabbed in a byob fight and the corruption scandals are limited, but if Italy was there I'd actually be looking forward to this, Sweden making it to the WC was a big loss for this tournament
Chile missing out to Peru as well. I think it would've been really interesting to have Syria too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)