[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread (72 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I always hope Ireland doesn't qualify. Can't stand them. They go into tournaments with zero ambition. Basically the idea is to have a good time and sing some songs. That's cool and all, I don't mind a couple of guys having a good time, but I hate that they're being glorified all over the world because of their tremendous 'fan culture'.

Bunch of alcoholic fucks they are.
That’s exactly what I love about them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Better than hype your country up and then fail miserably. *cough cough Belgium and England cough cough *
Of course that's not better. It's way worse. The whole point of sports is that it can cause great emotions, feelings of joy and of sadness. The Irish take away all that by assuming they'll lose and just focus on getting hammered. They kill all that makes football worthwhile.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Of course that's not better. It's way worse. The whole point of sports is that it can cause great emotions, feelings of joy and of sadness. The Irish take away all that by assuming they'll lose and just focus on getting hammered. They kill all that makes football worthwhile.
I like Wales attitude "As long as we beat the English", thought Ireland would have something similar, but to not have any competitive edge at all is idiotic, I agree

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It still creates joy though, no?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Of course it does. It's about getting people around watching the games, big crowds at the pub, for some it's travelling to the tournament and enjoying the 'craic'. Yes the team(s) might be limited but it's far better than not being part of it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It still creates joy though, no?
In the same way a night out with friends does. I wouldn't even mind if they just had fun, but it's sickening how they are glorified because of it. It's just a loser team with loser fans. Why should that be considered an achievement?

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Ronaldo still has 2 games to play though, Andorra away and Switzerland home. Poland also has a game vs Montenegro. It's still open
16 for RL and 15 for CR in the end. :D Ronaldo wasted a 1on1 in his game as well. :lol:

[video=dailymotion;x643f32]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x643f32[/video]

Not sure how they calculated it but seems like Ronaldo goals were not decisive at all?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
16 for RL and 15 for CR in the end. :D Ronaldo wasted a 1on1 in his game as well. :lol:

[video=dailymotion;x643f32]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x643f32[/video]

Not sure how they calculated it but seems like Ronaldo goals were not decisive at all?

congrats, well deserved for Lewa as he was scoring more consistently throughout the qualifiers :D

but i dont get this list either. Ronaldo for example has scored the 1st 2 goals for Portugal in their 3-0 win over Latvia, and their 1st goal in the 2-0 win vs Andorra after coming off the bench. he should have atleast 6 pts won by himself

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
congrats, well deserved for Lewa as he was scoring more consistently throughout the qualifiers :D

but i dont get this list either. Ronaldo for example has scored the 1st 2 goals for Portugal in their 3-0 win over Latvia, and their 1st goal in the 2-0 win vs Andorra after coming off the bench. he should have atleast 6 pts won by himself
No, if you delete his goals in these matches, they'd have won both games 1:0, so in both of your examples his goals aren't count on the list above.

- - - Updated - - -

Yann Sommer though :tuttosport:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
No, if you delete his goals in these matches, they'd have won both games 1:0, so in both of your examples his goals aren't count on the list above.

- - - Updated - - -

Yann Sommer though :tuttosport:
well, thats a BS criteria. they didnt look like they will score even against Andorra before he came on. if you score 2 goals at 0-0 then you have won the match, regardless how many the team scores after

- - - Updated - - -

btw, where can i find all time stats for EURO qualifiers and WC qualifiers (Europe)? also WC qualifiers for all zones combined if possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)