[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (1 Viewer)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It would be horrible to see such a bad team win WC.
Really? I admit I didn't watch them much in the group stage, but I loved what I saw vs the USA. It was a mixture of technique, speed on the wings and organization. They have superstars on the goal, in defense and attack (Curtois, Kompany, Hazard) and some others are also top quality (De Bruyne) or quality (Lukaku, Mertens, Vertonghen, Witsel, Fellaini etc).
I don't see where the Dutch come as bigger favorites, especially with de Jong out. With the Dutch you know what to expect. It's hard to fight it, but you can prepare. With Belgium quality is distributed all over the pitch.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Really? I admit I didn't watch them much in the group stage, but I loved what I saw vs the USA. It was a mixture of technique, speed on the wings and organization. They have superstars on the goal, in defense and attack (Curtois, Kompany, Hazard) and some others are also top quality (De Bruyne) or quality (Lukaku, Mertens, Vertonghen, Witsel, Fellaini etc).
I don't see where the Dutch come as bigger favorites, especially with de Jong out. With the Dutch you know what to expect. It's hard to fight it, but you can prepare. With Belgium quality is distributed all over the pitch.
It was their only good match.

Belgium is full of talent, it's crazy how many good individuals they have and they just keep popping up. But as a team they totally disappoint me. We were in qualifications with them and I watched their games, they were really bad. Sure, they were winning but that team was totally unorganized and it was painful to watch it. Same thing continued at this WC, they just looked lost and clueless many times. Against the US they did very well, but I doubt they will keep it that way. I've seen many shit games from them and I'd really be disappointed if such team wins the damn thing. Honestly, they remind me a lot of Serbia. Many good individuals and stars at top teams, yet as a team is a huge nothing.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
@Zacheryah

Throw a few words about Belgium-Argentina. Noone's mentioning the Belgians as potential WC winners and I so want those folks to be proven wrong.
It depends on how we approach the game. The first 3 games were tactically garbage. As if we just put a bunch of players out there and went like "no tactics, go play in a clutch".
Then against the usa, there were suddenly clear tactical instructions in place, with tactical limitations for the wingers, role swapping with the cam, positionning of the CF, MUCH better defensive positionning of the central midfield, role swapping between central midfield and CF, offensive runlines for the wingbacks, and the controll of space by the central defenders.
Offcourse, this tactic isnt done by our bullshit coach, but by the few excellent analysts we have.

Thing is, our bullshit coach didnt brought naingollan, wich makes tonights game from "a certain win" to a russian roulette.

If Belgium sacrifices Mertens, and moves de Bruyne to the right flank, bringing Defour in the team, making a Fellaini-witsel-defour midfield, we have a huge human lock for Messi. And Defour is pretty good in locking up central players.

Argentina's problem is messi. If they cant pass it to messi, they suck. they cant adapt their individual role in the system. Di Maria plays well, but did not deliver any assists or pre assists, because the team has no tactics. They got the worst coach in the world cup, and its messi who decides their tactics.

Belgium can defeat Argentina. IF our bullshit coach lets our analysts do their thing again. And he made it significantly harder for them by not taking Naingollan along.

If Belgium goes trough, well, Kompany and Van Buyten, know respectively Van Persie and Robben pretty well. We got more talent then Holland, but Holland got a far superior coach and a clear edge in clinical finishing.

Whoever makes trough to the final, will get roflstomped by the germans, who'll take severe revenge for WW II.

I hope WIlmots takes lessons from Hitler, and listens to his assistants, and win this war, as Hitler would have if he did that.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It was their only good match.

Belgium is full of talent, it's crazy how many good individuals they have and they just keep popping up. But as a team they totally disappoint me. We were in qualifications with them and I watched their games, they were really bad. Sure, they were winning but that team was totally unorganized and it was painful to watch it. Same thing continued at this WC, they just looked lost and clueless many times. Against the US they did very well, but I doubt they will keep it that way. I've seen many shit games from them and I'd really be disappointed if such team wins the damn thing. Honestly, they remind me a lot of Serbia. Many good individuals and stars at top teams, yet as a team is a huge nothing.
As were we :D And I disagree about that part. They practically walked over our group and destroyed some of us in the process, on our home grounds. They didn't even give us a chance, despite making it look like they're yet to switch to another gear. I guess that's how they won the WC group too, but once they turned to 5th gear, they looked really good against the USA. If they can replicate that performance from now on, they'll be a valid WC contender.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
As were we :D And I disagree about that part. They practically walked over our group and destroyed some of us in the process, on our home grounds. They didn't even give us a chance, despite making it look like they're yet to switch to another gear. I guess that's how they won the WC group too, but once they turned to 5th gear, they looked really good against the USA. If they can replicate that performance from now on, they'll be a valid WC contender.
Oh, if they show up like against the US, I think they have a very good chance to beat Argies. Argentina was lucky many times and they played quite bad.

But IMO there's NO way they can beat Germany. They are going to absolutely rape them.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Belgium was the worst team of the groupstage, and one of the best afterwards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)