[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (20 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
#BEL LINE-UP: Courtois, Vertonghen (c), Fellaini, Mirallas, Mertens, Van Buyten, Defour, Lombaerts, Dembele, Januzaj, Vanden Borre

#KOR LINE-UP: S G Kim, S Y Yun, Y G Kim, H M Son, Y Lee, J C Koo (c), K Y Han, S Y Ki, C Y Lee, S W Kim, J H Hong

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Brasil, Chile, Colombia, France and Germany on one side.

Argentina has basically Holland as obstacle on the other side and Holland has a rougher road to the semis that Argentina. They really have the perfect opportunity to win the whole thing, they Switzerlan, USA or Belgium are really easy opponents for Argentina whereas Holland has first Mexico (super solid defence) then Costa Rica/Greece (Uber defence) they will reach the semis extremely exhausted and most probably playing on extended time once or twice.

Messi to end the World Cuo with 8 goals.

Attachments

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Brasil, Chile, Colombia, France and Germany on one side.

Argentina has basically Holland as obstacle on the other side and Holland has a rougher road to the semis that Argentina. They really have the perfect opportunity to win the whole thing, they Switzerlan, USA or Belgium are really easy opponents for Argentina whereas Holland has first Mexico (super solid defence) then Costa Rica/Greece (Uber defence) they will reach the semis extremely exhausted and most probably playing on extended time once or twice.

Messi to end the World Cuo with 8 goals.

I'm still glad we (Holland) managed to avoid the bigger teams, but the Mexico game will be tough. I still think that on paper this is the best WC draw Holland has ever had in the knock out stages, but that doesn't say shit of course

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm still glad we (Holland) managed to avoid the bigger teams, but the Mexico game will be tough. I still think that on paper this is the best WC draw Holland has ever had in the knock out stages, but that doesn't say shit of course
Yes of course you should be happy that Holland are at that side of the tree but Mexico, Costa Rica/Greece will consume a lot of your team's energy if you get past them. All three are extremely frustrating teams to break and I am not sure how much of a team you will have left to meet Argentina in the semis. I wish you all the best.

Imagine had you ended up second, you'd have to first meet Brasil and if you win Colombia and then France/Germany most probably.

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5,910
    Weird. Bento wasn't a bad coach. I think the players let him down more than anything else. (Pepe, hello?! But just bad touches left and right in the tournament.) That won't stop the Portuguese fans and federation from needing a scapegoat at a minimum, however.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Yes of course you should be happy that Holland are at that side of the tree but Mexico, Costa Rica/Greece will consume a lot of your team's energy if you get past them. All three are extremely frustrating teams to break and I am not sure how much of a team you will have left to meet Argentina in the semis. I wish you all the best.
    Seems like you misspelled USA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)