[WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread (8 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Why would it be a sorry day?
But he's awesome. Goofy looking dude that has a knack for getting on the end of crosses. What's not to like?

Ronaldo's a Brazilian dandy that had his career shortened because he could keep his weight down.
Why would it be a sorry day for football? If Klose can score more times than fat Ronaldo than he would rightfully hold the honor of all time top scorer.
Because he is not good enough to be called the world cup best scorer of all time. He is there because Saudi Arabia went to the world cup instead of Iran :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It would be sad because some would call him the greatest striker ever.
Did you watch Ronaldo?

He is one of the greatest players of all time. Klose on the otherhand.........
If he had any sort of off-season work ethic he'd have been playing in the current World Cup. I too think he is the best modern era striker.

But Klose's performances in World Cups have been equally stunning. It makes no sense to say that he doesn't deserve it.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It would be sad because some would call him the greatest striker ever.
Why would anybody do that? All it would mean is that he is the top goalscorer in World Cup history.

Anybody who confuses that honor with being the greatest striker of all time doesn't know football.

Did you watch Ronaldo?

Yes I watched Ronaldo.

Even if Klose scores a hattrick against Uruguay it won't mean that he is better then Ronaldo because he clearly isn't.

And Klose is one of the greatest goalscorers in World Cup history regardless of how anonymous he is in the four years in between tournaments.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
They have scored like one goal in like 2 years. No one puts any effort into making soccer in our country popular. We have Toronto FC :sergio:

Anyway I do alway hope they win win they play but normally they get stomped. Argies beat them 5-0 or 6-0 in a pre WC warm up. And then Canada never make it into the world cup anyway
Dude, my national team failed to advance from a group that had Uzbekstan, Thailand and India and I am still proud of them.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If he had any sort of off-season work ethic he'd have been playing in the current World Cup. I too think he is the best modern era striker.

But Klose's performances in World Cups have been equally stunning. It makes no sense to say that he doesn't deserve it.
He deserves the goals that he scored, but come on, him holding that title would be ridiculous. He isn't some sort of fantastic player and most of the goals he scores are point blank headers set up for him by others. He is no Ronaldo. Hell, he isn't even a fucking Luca Toni as far as I'm concerned, and I hate Luca Toni.

Mar 10, 2009
noooooooooooooooooooo

germany you let me down, but I still love you, you knocked england and the last premirship team in the cl. Ah well you can't get everything...

go Holland!!!

Apr 15, 2006
Did you watch Ronaldo?

True. But is he a starter for Brazil right now? Is he fit enough to actually play for one of the top European clubs right now? He's fat and overweight and not even fit to start for Brazil to extend that record. Whereas Klose, only a year younger than him, is still looking good enough to beat his record. There is NOTHING sad in that. Forza Klose. I hope he becomes the all time top scorer!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I'd prefer my team to win the world cup this year, getting eliminated from the group stage four years later rather than it playing for the third place twice in a row :seven:
loooooool that is exactly what I said to my friends (Brazil + Argentina fanboys) who were mocking me about Italy!

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Because he is not good enough to be called the world cup best scorer of all time. He is there because Saudi Arabia went to the world cup instead of Iran :D
So what? Its not like Ronaldo (a player who undoubtedly receives far better service from the team behind him) never played against easy teams.

I want to see Klose top the goalscoring charts. It will please me.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
All World Cup scorers a rubbish compared to the greatest World Cup goal scorer of all time.

Just Fontaine scored 13 goals in a single tournament.

That pisses all over someone who scores ~15 goals in three tournaments.
And then there's Ernesto Stabile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)