[WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread (22 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
I always wanked on him when I saw him playing for Bayern this season :D as he was always very good. But I didn't expect such a brilliant display from him.

Great player.

Dunno, some of the Bayern games I watched he seemed rather poor to me. But he's putting some world class performances in SA.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The only disgusting fact of the day.
And if he wasn't such a waster of chances or if he didn't get that stupid early red against Serbia (Due to which he missed the rest of the match and the match against Ghana) he could have been at 20 right now :lol:

I don't like him too for some reason, but credit where it's due. It can't be a coincidence to score so much.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dunno, some of the Bayern games I watched he seemed rather poor to me. But he's putting some world class performances in SA.
Maybe, every time I watched him he scored :D

But now he looks much better though. More mature and he's really doing his job. He will be a top player in a couple of years most likely. :tup:

But this year there was only one player that made me change my opinion about him and that's Schweinsteiger. I guess I was underrating him at his position because he looks damn good.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Well, that goes without saying. Maradona REALLY screwed over Argentina this time. He's no tactician.
He never was and everyone knew that.
That's why he had a team of people behind him. You don't think that they let Maradona work alone and make all the decisions, do you?

Of course he didn't. Like Klinsman for Germany in 2006, Maradona was only a motivator. Others took care of the rest.

No-one expected anything from Maradona. Afterall, working alone or with a team behind him, he still did better than Capello and Lippi.

Messi on the other hand....

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Frankly, after the 1-0, it was over. The Argentinians defense was always suspect, and forced to attack to try to get the tie, they were doomed.

When Germany win that ball it's like a freaking track meet out there, they run relay in tandem towards the goal.

Congratulations Sab and bianconero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)