[WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread (14 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Don't agree, and didn't you say Lucio was a fantastic defender while at Bayern? He wasn't, really. Very mistake prone defender. But now since he has some better players around him (besides Lahm), along with a very organized Mourinho defense, his weaknesses can be shielded to an extent. But not always.

When he was at Bayern, Saturday mornings were known as the Lucio show to Burke and me. :seven:
I said he was too stupid to be a defender while in Bayern, and that their defense was too undiscplined and unorganised, showing the flaws someone like him in a bad season even more (you like to point out the reverse, but not how its also a reason for his flaws, playing with jokers like Demichelis and Van Buyten). But he has had REALLY good seasons for them. Despite his tendencies for brainfarts, provided good service for them most of the time.

You said he was finished and a totally disastrous defender when Inter signed him. He showed himself to be the Lucio of Brasil, which is a reliable and totally competent defender. He has been a very astute top signing for Inter.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 15, 2006
Ok, more understandable. Its natural and typical that casual fans of the sport (the kind that only know big tourno's) root for Brasil, its the simple choice. If you know little of something, you are more likely to choose the "best". But its not something hold against Brasil.

How they were acting like crying bitches though, thats something else entirely.
I'm not holding it against Brazil. I don't have a burning anger against them. My post only indicated that the fanboys here will be silent. It's the fanboys I hate, not Brazil themselves(with the exception of Fabiano and Maicon. I still want to throw a rock on their heads).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Hehe, I'll throw the first one, a boulder in Maicons case.

And yeah, it should be nice to see a Brasil without Dunga, less rigid/robotic set up (ridicolous amount of their goals in his tenure been due to set pieces) and more about skill would be nice. Rely on skill and genius instead of tactics that limit it. Preferly if they promote their younger generation, likes of Neymar, Ganso and such. Would be interesting.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Funny how whenever there is a World Cup with big surprises, people say "This WC is a joke". It's never that the small teams over-perform, but that the big teams under-perform.

Both teams were theatrical. Both teams tried and played hard to win. The team that won it deserved it.

Congrats Ken. :beer:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Funny how whenever there is a World Cup with big surprises, people say "This WC is a joke".
Nothing really suprising about this WC, France and Italy were expected to do badly, they only suprise to the extent they did badly, but expectations were low. England going out is bussiness as usual. Brasil after fantastic first half, dropped the ball (mainly mentally) in the 2nd. They were big favourites, but its not a big suprise to lose agianst a good Holland team.

Whats bad about this wc is the veeeeeeeeery boring groupstage games, atleast the first 2 rounds of it, were mainly tedious. The playoffs been nice. Another bad thing about WC is later on, the real poor standard of the refeering. But no, this WC isnt a joke, its a quite decent one.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Nothing really suprising about this WC, France and Italy were expected to do badly, they only suprise to the extent they did badly, but expectations were low. England going out is bussiness as usual. Brasil after fantastic first half, dropped the ball (mainly mentally) in the 2nd. They were big favourites, but its not a big suprise to lose agianst a good Holland team.

Whats bad about this wc is the veeeeeeeeery boring groupstage games, atleast the first 2 rounds of it, were mainly tedious. The playoffs been nice. Another bad thing about WC is later on, the real poor standard of the refeering. But no, this WC isnt a joke, its a quite decent one.
Would you say that it's a decent World Cup even if Argentina gets knocked out tomorrow?

Would you answer any of my questions one day?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Who gets knocked has no bearing on the overall level of the games and the tourno.

Btw, whats with Argentina? Do you think I support them? Only support Italy (and every African team, sadly only one left, Hope they make it to semi tonight), in this case I would prefered the typical Italy that lost in pks, then having a re-run of Juve's season (even if it was very predictable).

When it comes to the WC, I'm pretty neutral, sympathetic to good football and games (and so far its Germany impressing the most as a team). I wouldnt mind seeing Argentina do well, mainly because it would mean more a chance for Messi to be his awesome self, and because Maradona is a hilarious ass clown, who I cant wait to see how he would react if he succeeds. I seriously cant be the only one who coriously wants to see that :D

P.S What questions?

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Melo I love you, you did what every person wanted to do to that cheating scumbag Robben today.

Robben I hope you fucking die you piece of cheating shit.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Diego Maradona Plays In Argentina Training Match With A Cigar In His Mouth
El Diego participates in another memorable World Cup Argentina training session.

Headlines have been made this evening after Lionel Messi was ordered to rest and missed training with the Albiceleste in Pretoria ahead of the quarter-final clash with Germany on Saturday.

'El Diego' has utilised some pretty wacky training techniques over the course of the last week, as yesterday he rolled out the old 'butts up - ready, aim, fire' game, but today the Argentina coach decided to take part in a practice match with a cigar in his mouth.

Footage of Diego Maradona playing in a practice match with a Havana cigar can be seen on the video below.

Diego is a legend :lol:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
'El Diego' has utilised some pretty wacky training techniques over the course of the last week, as yesterday he rolled out the old 'butts up - ready, aim, fire' game, but today the Argentina coach decided to take part in a practice match with a cigar in his mouth.

Footage of Diego Maradona playing in a practice match with a Havana cigar can be seen on the video below.

:
Football with a Stogy? Oh how the lungs must burn.
An all action display from Melo then. :rolleyes:
Yea he was heavily involved in the first two goals and got a match changing red card. MOM = Melo. :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Paraguay are frigging boring, I prefer if Spain are knocked out in Semi if they are going to be knocked out. Been too much Villa dependant so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)