[WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread (17 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
"FIFA should look into that [goal line technology] because they're hurting their credibility in this country [US] and that's where all the money is coming from"

- Bill Plaschke, LA Times on ESPN

:shifty: :shifty:
Wait, what??

Ohhhhh, its Bill Plaschke

never mind. He's a moron

He should just stick to writing articles about why Kobe Bryant won't talk to him

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
swag;2562295What really pisses me off is that this is the American answer to every sport: jam it with technology and gadgetry said:
whoah been watching Fight Club recently Greg/

He's turkish ise'nt he Ozil?
Klose,Podolski-polish
Desailly-Ghanain (how the fuck do you spell taht lol)
Vieira-Senegalese
Camaronesi-Argentine
Rooney-Ogre

many countries take foreign nationals and adopt them for their football team for the betterment of their chances.....sometimes it works (desailly) sometimes they play like they miss their swamp

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Whoa, rather unimpressive performance yet again. We looked like we have all tournament: like we really really don't give a crap. Slow, sloppy, hanging back.. We're really winning 'the German way'.

--

I've been looking over some pages of this thread, and I have to say, it's hilarious how many people hate / dislike our national team. :lol:

Can I just ask.. why? Bitter over being eliminated, or not qualifying at all, are we? ;)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's weird, people used to fawn over the Netherlands and this Totaalvoetbal tag that goes with them. I think there are just a lot of haters here :D

Hopefully you go out next round.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
hey ken,well done the dutch,but this is not a vintage team,i have too many concerns about the quality of their backline when they meet a top nation to think of them as genuine contenders. but if they can keep robben fit and sneider on the ball they will hurt teams

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
It's weird, people used to fawn over the Netherlands and this Totaalvoetbal tag that goes with them. I think there are just a lot of haters here :D

Hopefully you go out next round.
:D

I think we'll go out, though I expect a turnaround when it comes to the spirit in which they walk onto the pitch. They looked like they didn't really care or felt that the tournament hadn't really started yet. If Brazil doesn't wake them up, I don't know which country will.

We can play much better, faster and more focused. I hope we give our all.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Klose,Podolski-polish
Vieira-Senegalese
Camaronesi-Argentine
Rooney-Ogre

many countries take foreign nationals and adopt them for their football team for the betterment of their chances.....sometimes it works (desailly) sometimes they play like they miss their swamp
:disagree: I can't stand teams who do that.

Keiren Westwood - England
Kevin Foley - England
Sean St Ledger - England
Marc Wilson - Northern Ireland
Paul Green - England
Darron Gibson - Northern Ireland
Liam Lawrence - England
James McCarthy - Scotland
Aiden McGeady - Scotland
Leon Best - England
Caleb Folan - England

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It makes me laugh watching Desailly dance around during the BBC coverage of Ghana's games, he seems more in touch with Ghana than he did at all with France during the tournament. Perhaps he is just a glory :D

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Whoa, rather unimpressive performance yet again. We looked like we have all tournament: like we really really don't give a crap. Slow, sloppy, hanging back.. We're really winning 'the German way'.

--

I've been looking over some pages of this thread, and I have to say, it's hilarious how many people hate / dislike our national team. :lol:

Can I just ask.. why? Bitter over being eliminated, or not qualifying at all, are we? ;)
I like the Dutch NT and I think they're the best team to never win a World Cup. You and Spain are consistent chokers :p

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
hey ken,well done the dutch,but this is not a vintage team,i have too many concerns about the quality of their backline when they meet a top nation to think of them as genuine contenders. but if they can keep robben fit and sneider on the ball they will hurt teams
Thanks, and I pretty much agree. If you look at other countries though, there aren't that many 'top defences' that are really performing, imo. Most big teams haven't really been tested yet.

We should be able to hurt Brazil through Robben, as Bastos really isn't the LB I see keeping him quiet. We will have to step it up either way, but we do stand a chance on Friday.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
whoah been watching Fight Club recently Greg/

Klose,Podolski-polish
Vieira-Senegalese
Camaronesi-Argentine
Rooney-Ogre

Except Ozil isn't Turkish.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Yeah, they really need to get into that game straight away, the 'easier' run hasn't really helped them, they have been in 1st gear a lot of the time.
Yup. We don't have the mentality to just play on full power against the smaller teams, which is a damn shame.

Playing smaller teams has never done us any good. We need big opponents to get the best out of the team, that's why I'm hoping we can improve for the game on Friday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)