[WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread (24 Viewers)

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
BRAAASIL.

Please let them kick the Netherlands out of this WC im getting sick of these orange flags in my street and people on the streets here acting like the best team on this tournament is the netherlands. An dutch football magazine show just claimed van der wiel and van bronckhorst are better than Maicon and Bastos. I was like wtf..

if only bastos played as rb they would've got one half right :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What a player, he's the best rightback i've ever watched play. Cafu who?
It seems that Brasil have had a fantastic right back for the whole time I have seen them play, Maicon, Cafu and I still have nostalgic memories of watching Jorginho, although he seemed to be more of a right winger in his play :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I hope Spain and Portugal are both disqualified tomorrow for competing over who's more gay
:lol: Just the hairstyles alone...

I'm not saying they couldn't do it, but they are clearly most comfortable when they can just sit in and wait for the counter attacking opportunities.

They looked far from convincing trying to break down North Korea.
I don't care if you're Argentina loaded with talent or Spain seeking a Euro follow-up or what. Brazil should have every team crapping in their pants right now.

Why? Because Brazil is playing this Cup like they do every Copa America... toying with the competition for a while, and then when the big silverware is on tap they demolish the competition 5-1.

Serious. Few countries know this more than the Argentina NT. If someone doesn't hack down Brazil before the final, it's going to be a demolition derby for the competition.

"FIFA should look into that [goal line technology] because they're hurting their credibility in this country [US] and that's where all the money is coming from"

- Bill Plaschke, LA Times on ESPN

:shifty: :shifty:
:lol:

What really pisses me off is that this is the American answer to every sport: jam it with technology and gadgetry, catering the sport exclusively to a TV audience that's buying your beer, cars, and financial services while they sit at home on the coach on their enormously fat asses, stuffing their faces with cheesy poofs. That's no more sport than a game of FIFA 2010 for the XBox with live actors.

I say "F*ck you!" to all those who aren't at the game and want the sport to cater to their instant slow-motion replay TV coverage eyes. "You ain't at the game, so just shut the f*ck up and keeping drinking your corporate-sponsored beer, fatass."

What a player, he's the best rightback i've ever watched play. Cafu who?
Where have you been, Fred? I've been saying that for 2-3 years now. :p

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't care if you're Argentina loaded with talent or Spain seeking a Euro follow-up or what. Brazil should have every team crapping in their pants right now.

Why? Because Brazil is playing this Cup like they do every Copa America... toying with the competition for a while, and then when the big silverware is on tap they demolish the competition 5-1.

Serious. Few countries know this more than the Argentina NT. If someone doesn't hack down Brazil before the final, it's going to be a demolition derby for the competition.
I agree that Brazil are the team to beat.

I just hope they have to play well to win the thing, and don't just get to stroll the whole competition without really being tested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)