[WC] Italy vs France [09.07.2006] (11 Viewers)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
CauldronWench said:
I am watching the game at home as well. I was told that I should never watch a game in public because there are the fanatics, and then there is me. :p

Forza Italia!

not me, i dont think i can stay home and watch a game like this. there is a street named sinclair in toronto, its like little italy and im going down there after the game to see how crazy they all go. As for watching the game im going to an italian bar with most of my family. I think the atomsphere will be be crazy!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
i cant wait anymore
the tension is killing me
i have an exam. tomorrow but i cant study anymore,cant stop thinking of the game
can i have a word from u all that if we win we wont talk about the performances and about errors or anything,but we will just celebrate it.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
CauldronWench said:
Quick question. Where did Italy get the name Azzurri and why are their shirts blue instead of the national colours?
And why does the Netherlands wear orange?

But this is the best explanation I've yet found. Try :google: -- you'd be surprised. ;)

The Italian national team wear blue because it is the colour of
Savoia, the ruling house of Italy from 1861 to 1946. Until the end of
the second world war, the Italian flag always had the Savoy coat of
arms in the centre, and it was only after the family were overthrown,
and the Italian Republic established in 1946, that the plain tricolor
was adopted as the national flag.
http://www.cronologia.it/storia/biografie/reitalia.htm
http://www.realcasadisavoia.org/

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
line ups --- no surprise

Italy: Buffon; Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Materazzi, Grosso; Camoranesi, Perrotta, Pirlo, Gattuso; Totti; Toni
France: Barthez; Sagnol, Thuram, Gallas, Abidal; Makelele, Vieira; Ribery, Zidane, Malouda; Henry

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
I don't really get the "its a final"-feeling. I don't feel the tension and all players don't seem as motivated as they probably are. Anyways, weve got Henry doing some poppers, a controversial but funky penalty by the man and a nice header by the matrix. And it will only get better...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)